3 5 * a good luck kiss and a birthday surprise

BONNIE WASTED NO time finding every book that had to do with the Chamber of Secrets. While Sirius, James, and Marlene were at practice, Bonnie spent a lot of time in the library. When she was not in the library, she was in the girls' lavatory on the second floor brewing Remus's potion. Sirius joined her when he could, normally lying on the floor if it was not wet, telling Bonnie about his day.

"Hello, Sirius," Myrtle drawled, floating to sit next to him.

Sirius, with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, smiled at the ghost. "Myrtle," he acknowledged, blowing smoke from his lips.

"How are you?" Bonnie asked, pouring something into the cauldron.

"Still dead."

Sirius snorted, eyes glancing to his watch. His eyes bulged at the time. "Great Scott, I'm late. James'll kill me. See you later, Bon," he said quickly, flicking the cigarette into one of the toilet bowls. He kissed Bonnie's cheek quickly before muttering, "Bye Myrtle!"

"He's dreamy," Myrtle said with a twinkle in her dead eyes. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"No," Bonnie said with a smile.

Remus looked at Bonnie with relief when she handed him the two large vials. He was lying on the couch, body aching from the last transition. Peter had told Bonnie that the last transition was awful, but James and Sirius hadn't wanted to tell Bonnie. They knew she'd blame herself for not having made his potion, and she did. She was glad Peter had said something.

Bonnie continued the tradition to paint her fellow Gryffindor's faces as they went out to support the Quidditch team James had been overworking the team in order to prove his worthiness as captain. Bonnie continued for days to make him understand how wonderful he was, but the boy refused to see it. Peter threw an arm around Bonnie's shoulder as they walked toward the Pitch, Mary, Lily, and Remus walking slightly in front of them.

"You think we'll win?" Peter asked.

Bonnie grinned his way. "It's Ravenclaw, so there is a bit of competition, but I think we got it."

Peter laughed, his painting of James moving with his face. Remus's face held Sirius's face in paint. Lily and Mary had Marlene's number and name while Bonnie painted all three of their numbers to support her best mates. When they reached the Pitch, Bonnie was pulled away from Peter's embrace sharply. Peter turned, grinning at Sirius as the Beater pulled Bonnie toward the changing rooms.

"Where are you taking me?" Bonnie laughed as Sirius, clad in his Quidditch gear with his hair tied back, pushed her slightly on the wall right outside the changing rooms. "I have to get a good seat."

Sirius grinned further before saying, "You said you'd cheer me on, sweetheart."

"From the stands."

"Big deal," Sirius said with a roll of his eyes before moving to her ear. "I think I deserve a good luck kiss, don't you?"

Bonnie smirked when he backed away slowly. She nodded, his eyes widening at her answer. She stood on her tippy-toes, placing a kiss on the corner of his lips. She said, "Good luck, Padfoot." In a daze, Sirius didn't move when James called out for him from inside the room. "James'll see us."

"Who cares?" Sirius said with a wolfish grin. He was thinking about all of the times when he would catch James and Bonnie too close for his liking.

"I have to go," Bonnie implored again.

Rolling his eyes, he backed away just as James turned the corner. With a furious look, he said, "We got a match, mate! You can snog Bonnie later... once we win!!" Bonnie flushed immediately at his words. "Let's go!"