1 7 * a departing train and making a difference

BONNIE HAD FOUGHT off Christopher enough to gain their mother's attention when she returned home after the night she had with her friends. She gladly took the slap from her mother for disappearing at the ball with Sirius and Marlene because it meant Christopher could do nothing to her. He would go back to his flat the next morning, so there would be no reason to be afraid of what he could do. Bonnie was grounded for the rest of the holiday with only one meal a day from the house-elf who hated her more than anything. She also was threatened to get rid of her friends and become aquatinted with the pureblood Slytherins since they were approved by Abram and Theodosia. Bonnie sniggered at the request and told her mother where to shove it.

Needless to say, she was reduced to one meal per two days and another slap.

Christmas was depressing for Bonnie, not having any time to go shopping as she wanted. Instead, she spent Christmas painting something for each of her friends using the new supplies Marlene had bought her. Finishing them, she was able to sneak their family owl, Penguin, to send them off. She was glad to have been the one to find her gifts from Lily, Marlene (again!), Mary, and Remus.

After Christopher went back to his flat, Bonnie was able to breathe freely even with her mother's endless threats about her friends. She knew she wouldn't be able to stay here for too much longer with the way things were going, but Bonnie also knew that she had to plan. This time would be different, so she had to make sure everything went the way it was supposed to.

The day she was meant to go back to Hogwarts was awful. Theodosia sent curses at her child while Abram sat at the table reading The Daily Prophet with a smirk on his face. She screamed at how Bonnie will befriend more students of a pureblood status, and she will not see her actual friends anymore. This is how it started last time.

Bonnie could remember her mother's threats, and she remembered fighting them off in the beginning as well. This time, she refused to stop fighting. Whatever it took for her to win against her family and keep her friends alive, that's all that mattered.

Walking with a limp and a hell of a lot of makeup on her neck and face, Bonnie went through the barrier alone this time. She pushed her trunk slowly as she tried to walk at a brisk pace, but she was too slow. Because of her mother's curses and threats, Bonnie was late; it was what her mother wanted. It was a punishment.

She could see the train beginning to move. Sighing out with frustration, she pushed her trunk a bit faster.

Seeing an open door, she almost screamed out in relief when she saw Peter about to close it.

"Peter!" she yelled, her voice croaking from how much she screamed that morning. "Help me get my trunk!"

Peter's eyes widened as he pushed the door open again. The train began to pick up speed as she quickly lifted the trunk with whatever strength she could muster, glad when Peter grabbed the handle and yanked it on board. Now, it was the hard part.

"You got'ta jump, Bon!" Peter yelled, holding out his hand for her to take just as another voice called out Peter's name. Bonnie could see James appear behind him, eyes also widening at her struggling limp to catch the train. Moving her trunk into their compartment, he grabbed Peter's other hand so the boy could reach out further to grab the girl.

Bonnie saw the wall she was about to hit, so with the lasting energy she had, she jumped, latching onto Peter's hand.

Peter clasped her hand tightly, allowing James to pull both bodies into the train just as the wall would've crushed her.

Bonnie fell onto Peter who fell onto James, the bespectacled boy laughing heartily at the scene. "Merlin's beard, Bonnie. Could you be any last minute?" he said in between laughs. Bonnie managed to shut the door and lean against it as Peter climbed off of James. The three sat there like idiots, James and Peter laughing hysterically while Bonnie only managed a smile at the sight of their laughter.