5 6 * the prophecy revealed and changes to the future

BONNIE SAID NOTHING as she led the group back to the Gryffindor common room. The portrait of the Fat Lady was speaking to a portrait nearby as the group walked up, her eyes narrowing at the large group.

"What are you doing out after curfew?" she asked, her pompous voice not helping Bonnie's mood.

"Caput Preumbra," Bonnie hissed, the portrait flying open at the venom from her words.

"Someone needs a nap," the portrait hissed back, "in you get."

Bonnie smiled sarcastically at the woman before walking in. She rolled her eyes at James sitting by the fire with his knee bouncing. He was not alone, for Alice was sitting right next to him. The pair were silent as they waited for their friends to return. When James heard the portrait open, he stood up quickly, not expecting to see such malice on his best mate. "Bonnie?"

When he noticed his other two mates and his soon-to-be-hopefully girlfriend, he blanched. They had been caught. "Ah," he breathed out, sitting back down as Bonnie seemed to follow him.

"I don't get it," Remus stated, trying to find the right words to not anger Bonnie anymore, "the prophecy."

Bonnie turned sharply at the wolf. "You should have never listened in," she said, watching Lily flinch, "I don't care whose idea it was. I've been trying to muster up the courage to tell you lot every little thing since November second of our fifth year. You just couldn't wait!"

Sirius furrowed his brows angrily. "You can't be angry at us, Bonnie! We were bloody worried about you, for fuck's sake!"

Bonnie was glad no one was in the common room at this time. With a sneer, she responded, "Yeah? I've been worried about every single one of you since I was sent back in time! All of you were killed! What do you not fucking understand!? I can't go through that again. I can't go through the betrayal and heartbreak again. I'm trying to keep it together, to do what I need to do so that doesn't happen! I didn't want you to know what your future was like, you want to know why? Because it fucking sucks!" she shouted.

She looked to James and Lily who sat impossibly close. "You two have a baby." She looked at Alice. "You and Frank have a baby. Only a day apart, and they are born with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord. He didn't know which one was the owner of the prophecy, so he sent Bellatrix Lestrange and Barty Crouch Jr. to torture Alice and Frank. He went directly to the home of James and Lily. Alice? You and Frank were tortured by means of the Cruciatus, into INSANITY! Your son grew up with parents, yes, but you didn't know who he was! You lived in St. Mungos!"

Alice began to weep.

Bonnie, without any remorse, looked to James and Lily who looked horrified. "You two? Voldemort himself kills you. James, you barely lasted a second against him. Lily, you couldn't let your baby die! You jumped in front of the spell, thus reflecting it to Voldemort himself. It didn't kill him, but your child was branded with a mark on his forehead. He was marked as the chosen one. Your child went through hell to kill Voldemort in my past life! And I wasn't there for a second because I WAS A COWARD!" she shouted. Lily was crying now, James holding onto her. James looked angry.

"Why was I not there?" Bonnie asked in a mocking voice as she looked to Remus and Sirius who both stared at her with horrified eyes. "There was a traitor among our group. He was a secret Death Eater, and no one suspected a thing! Remus and Sirius were arguing every day! Both thought the other was the traitor! Remus was sent to werewolf colonies to convert them to our side, so Sirius thought the worst. Remus? You suspected Sirius because of his last name. When the traitor sent Voldemort to James and Lily, fucking Sirius Black decided to go after him! Oh, yes, Sirius knew who the traitor was then. Peter Pettigrew," she whispered the name. Her voice grew quiet. "And what happens? Peter tries to kill me when I go to stop Sirius. Peter escapes, and Sirius is sent to Azkaban for twelve years because everyone thought he killed Peter, sent Voldemort after his godson and best mates. Remus? You believed it. You pushed for no trial. By that time, everyone thought I was dead, too, so I left for America. Remus and I were not on good terms. Mary, Fabian, and Gideon were dead. Marlene was dead. There was nothing left because Dumbledore refused to let me have my godson."