6 0 * marlene's speech and seeing someone in diagon alley

THE MARAUDER FEMALES stayed at the Potter home for the rest of the break with occasional check-ins on their families. Marlene convinced her pureblood parents to put protective enchantments on her house, and they promised Marlene they would go into hiding if things grew worse. Mary's adoptive parents had no combat skills, so Fabian and Gideon were hiding them, the twins being the only ones beside Mary who knew of their location. Lily's parents and sister would be safe. Petunia was going to live with Vernon, and only Severus Snape knew about Petunia. Lily's parents were given protective enchantments as well, but it was not to their knowledge. They did not really know what was going on, after all.

The Marauders themselves stayed at James's home as well. Peter went to check on his mother daily. With a swift look between the rest of the group, someone always went with the boy to make sure he only went there. It was not right to begin to worry over traitors, but there were no mistakes allowed this time. Remus went every other day with Marlene and Bonnie to his parents' home. Marlene and Remus were not dating, not that they ever were, but she cared deeply for the wolf. Lyall and Hope Lupin were the sweetest people Bonnie and Marlene had ever met, and Remus always flushed when the pair would say so. Remus wouldn't admit it in front of Sirius, but he always felt lucky with the parents he was given. Even with his disease, they treated him normally. Remus couldn't explain how grateful he was for Bonnie and Marlene when the wolf would break down after hearing how his mother was growing worse.

Sirius and James stayed close to Lily during the holidays. Bonnie wouldn't admit the jealousy that her significant other would barely look at her, nevertheless allow her to comfort him in times of need. The pair seemed to only speak at night when he would find her staring out the window with it open, allowing a cold breeze to flow in the room. He wouldn't say much, just reprimanding her that she could get sick and carrying her to her bed that already held Marlene in it while stepping over Mary and Lily's bodies. That was all the affection she would receive, and when she would try to hug or kiss him, he wouldn't hold it for long.

Bonnie tried to reel in the jealous and angry feeling she was having because of the Potters' deaths, but it was growing harder every day.

On the day of the twentieth, Bonnie woke up extra early to make herself look less dead for the day she was having at the Weasleys. Mary had said Fabian and Gideon were called into work, and she felt awkward going alone. Mary would stay there while Remus and Bonnie went. Bonnie refused to ask James, Lily, or Sirius whether or not they were still going, so after fixing her hair, Bonnie went down to make herself breakfast. She was not surprised to see Sirius already sitting at the counter in nothing but pajama bottoms.

With a scoff that she tried to reel in, she muttered, "You're one to talk about catching colds."

Sirius jumped at her voice, and he watched her with narrowed eyes as she maneuvered to make a bowl of cereal. Bonnie noticed Remus coming down the stairs a few moments later, dressed for the day. She looked at her bowl, asking, "Remus? Do you want cereal or toast? We'll have to be off soon."

"Toast is fine," he answered, sitting next to Sirius as he fixed his jacket collar. "Any coffee?"

"No, we'll just stop at the Leaky Cauldron and grab some," Bonnie answered, grabbing some butter for Remus's toast. Rolling her eyes, she asked, "Do you want anything, Sirius?"

Sirius was already looking at Bonnie with an unreadable expression on his face. "Where're you two going?" he asked gruffly. "Cereal is fine."

Bonnie didn't answer, handing him her bowl before moving to grab a new bowl for herself. She grabbed Remus's toast when they were down, placing the butter next to him. "Butter your own toast, Moony."

Remus smirked, grabbing the knife from her hands. "Pushy."

"Hmm," was all she responded with, finally getting a spoon for herself before grabbing one for Sirius. She hated that she still thought of him when she wanted to be mad. He took it with the same narrowed eyes look. "What?"