6 8 * final trip and final moon

BONNIE FELT ON cloud fucking nine. Dumbledore told Remus and Bonnie that he would take care of the diadem leaving Bonnie feeling the stress just floating off of her. There were many things to stress about, sure, but Bonnie had a week to not worry about anything. There was nothing she could do while still in Hogwarts, after all.

So, when Lily woke Bonnie up at the crack of bloody dawn for their last Hogsmeade trip at Hogwarts, Bonnie did not complain. She allowed Lily to plait her hair and Marlene to do a bit of makeup. Alice and Mary joined in, and soon, the girls were ready for a much-needed girls' day.

After an early breakfast, the girls began to leave the Great Hall toward the trail to Hogsmeade. Lily decided they should walk to enjoy it more, but they would take the carriages back after being tired from the long day of shopping. On the way out, the Marauders were walking in.

James walked up to Lily to kiss her while Sirius walked over to Bonnie with a smirk. "Going somewhere, sweetheart?"

"A girls' day, Black," Marlene said with a grin, wiggling her eyebrows at him. "No boys allowed."

Bonnie snorted, pulling the ebony-haired man into a hug. "We'll be back a little after lunch. You four should go do something reckless. You know you want to."

James grinned, squeezing Lily's waist once. "That sounds like an excellent idea, Bon-bon. I say, lads, we shall plan our final prank for this fine establishment. What d'ya say?"

Remus yawned but gave a thumbs-up as Peter said, "Sounds good, Prongs."

"Nothing during exams," Lily and Bonnie said at the same time making their friends roll their eyes at them.

"Yes, darling Lily-flower, I wouldn't dream of screwing up an exam," James said with a mischievous grin. "Meet in the Three Broomsticks around three?" he asked her.

"Sure," she replied with a kiss to his lips.

Bonnie pulled Sirius for a hug. "Maybe we could just hang in your dorm later, yeah?"

"Whatever you want," Sirius replied with a shrug before kissing her softly. "Be careful. Love you."

"Love you," Bonnie replied sweetly.

Marlene scoffed. "I hate being single. Wanna snog and act like you love me for a few hours, Remus?"

Remus blushed a bit before a smirk covered his tired face. "Whatever you want," he echoed Sirius's words. It was no secret the pair liked each other enough to snog but not actually form a relationship. It was quite funny at times to see Remus get flustered when Marlene would flirt with him.

"Daylight is a-wastin'. Let's go!" Lily exclaimed, grabbing Bonnie from Sirius, the dog pouting as they left.

Remus clapped Sirius's shoulder. "C'mon, mate. She'll be back later."

Sirius shrugged off Remus's hand with a grin. "Yeah, yeah. I know."

The four found themselves eating breakfast in complete serenity for the first time in a while. James was not thinking of the empty house he would go home to. Remus was not worried about his monthly. Peter was not worried for his friends. Sirius was not worried about Bonnie's wellbeing nor his brother. For once, the Marauders sat with equal mischievous smirks on their faces planning their final prank at Hogwarts School.

They were acting like kids. They were acting as they should before the war took the happiness from them.

"Should we do it during graduation?" James asked, running a hand through his hair before taking a large bite of cereal. With his mouth full, he added, "I think maybe either at the ceremony or on the boat ride."