2 1 * map and confrontations

DESPITE THE HORRIBLE adventure Dumbledore and Bonnie went on, Bonnie felt so much better to be meeting with the old wizard a few nights after Remus's party. He, as promised, did not touch the ring. Bonnie could feel her scar firing up the closer she got to the ring, raising suspicion about what the scar could mean.

Dumbledore frowned when she mentioned this, not knowing what the scar could mean. It was obvious that the scar was reacting to the Horcrux, but it hadn't been there before they went to the House of Gaunt. Bonnie would've known if she had a scar like that,
after all.

After pulling out her book on Horcruxes, Dumbledore reprimanded her for buying the book out in the open as she did. Anyone could suspect something, and Dumbledore knew they couldn't afford that.

The next full moon would be two days before James's birthday. Bonnie had the finished wolfsbane potion completely a week before. Along with finishing the potion, Bonnie had been trying to find the right way to tell the Marauders officially that she knew about their secrets. She hadn't tried to hide it... the paintings made it obvious along with her slip up on her birthday in front of Remus, but she hadn't made it known officially that she knew anything. She had to do it if she wanted to give Remus his potion.

James's birthday was on Thursday the twenty-seventh, so on the Tuesday before the full moon, she knew she'd have to tell them. This was easier said than done, however. She knew they would only ask questions that she couldn't answer yet, but it had to be done. She promised herseld when she realized she had actually gone back in time that she wouldn't allow her friends to suffer; Remus's furry little problem was no exception.

So, while Lily went nuts over her O.W.L. studying, dragging Mary along with her, Bonnie bid Marlene farewell to find the Marauders. Marlene decided to find Alice and Frank when it came to studying because she got frustrated too easily when Lily went into 'exam mode.' Frank was a year ahead, but he was being a doting boyfriend and helping Alice. Mary was also sixteen already because Marlene's mother had her a year before Marlene, but because Mary was left to her adoptive parents, they weren't sure whether or not to send her to school right away. Bonnie, Marlene, and Mary were glad Mary was in their year. It wouldn't be the same without her.

Bonnie walked into the common room to find it lacking the four boys, so with a bite of her lip, she went to find the map. Going into the boys' dormitory, she yelped when she ran into Fabian on the way up.

Smirking slightly, he asked, "And what would you be doing going up here? This is the boy's dorm, Bon-bon."

Gideon chuckled and moved to stand next to his brother. "She must've been looking for us, Fab. Must know how little time we have left at this school."

Bonnie rolled her eyes, but a sad smile lit up on her face. "I do know, and I will miss you both; however, I was trying to find the Marauders' dorm. Any help?"

"Just down the hall on the left. They're not in," Fabian said with a teasing grin.

"I know," Bonnie said with her own grin to match. "We will hang out soon, promise."

"I'll hold you to that," Gideon said with a smile, "Come, Fab. Let's go find Filch. He'd love blue hair, yeah?"

"Oh, yes. Have fun, Bon," Fabian said with a wink before the pair left her to find the map.

When she opened the door to the Marauders' room, she had forgotten what it looked like. A mess, of course, but Bonnie smiled as each bed reflected the boys' personality. Peter's bed was a mess of candy wrappers and late homework. James's bed was a mess of Quidditch gear. Remus's bed was folded neatly, but books were all over it. Sirius's bed had a pack of cigarettes sitting on it along with a few papers, his leather jacket, and the map. Bonnie grinned mischievously at it.