7 8 * narcissa's loyalty and a quick decision of marriage

"SO, SHE PULLED you aside to curse you for bringing James?"

"She did."

"That bitch."

James sniggered, holding a puffy-eyed Lily close. He rubbed soothing hands over her arms in hopes of calming her down. He nodded at Regulus's words. "I tried to er—I tried to tell Petunia that I would leave, but then, she started making comments about Lil's parents, and—"

"And Dad defended me," Lily said with teary eyes, "so Petunia cried before her wedding. She made it known to Vernon how much I ruined her wedding day." She ended with a wry laugh.

Bonnie sighed, knowing nothing was going to improve Lily and Petunia's relationship anytime soon. Sirius and Remus walked in from the kitchen with mugs while Peter held the kettle of tea. Mary sat on Fabian's lap. Gideon and his girlfriend Yasmin sat on the ground with grim expressions on their faces. Lily gladly took the mug of tea, whispering a thank you to Remus.

"What's the update on Marlene?" Lily whispered after a while of sitting in silence.

Fabian sighed. "Dumbledore is trying to get into contact with Narcissa, but there was an er... a note given to Hagrid while he was in Knockturn. There was... a piece of Marlene's hair, the sick fucks."

Regulus squeezed his cup, knowing exactly what she was going through. "They are keeping her at Malfoy Manor, but Dumbledore won't do a thing until Narcissa answers."

"Fucking bollocks," Bonnie mumbled hatefully, her spine flaring. Bonnie felt Sirius rub a calming hand on her back above the scar, trying his best to soothe her.

Everyone heard Bonnie's argument with Albus Dumbledore that morning, besides Lily and James who had been sleeping from their night at the wedding. Moody tried to step in, telling Bonnie to stand down, but Bonnie glared further at him. She was tired of Dumbledore making the decisions of who could be sacrificed for his efforts. It was time Bonnie took matters into her own hands.

Bonnie already had a plan, but she bit her lip at the idea of telling her friends. It would mean going against Dumbledore's orders, but at this point, Bonnie did not want to wait for a limb of Marlene to be sent.

"I-I have a plan," she whispered, only Sirius and Gideon hearing her. Peter glanced her way, hearing something but not the words. "I have a plan," she said louder, looking directly at Regulus. Everyone became silent at her words. "You know the layout of Malfoy Manor. A lot of meetings were held there, yes? The cells at the bottom... I remember some of it from the... er—past..."

Regulus nodded. "There is a direct pathing from the sitting area. Normally, they have a bookcase hiding it so the prisoners won't make noises to distract guests."

Sirius's face hardened. "Walburga put me in it before at a family gathering. You remember that, don't you, Reggie?"

Regulus's face became as stony as his brother's. "I remember."

Fabian coughed lowly. "What about Dumbledore?"

"Dumbledore won't risk his neck, but he'll risk ours. I'm done playing his game," Bonnie said with her eyes narrowed.

Gideon felt Yasmin freeze. "But he has a plan," the pretty French girl said. She was a new Order member, and she trusted Dumbledore too much.

"His plan is waiting for Narcissa to grab his olive branch. I'm going to shove the olive branch down her throat. You guys can help or not, but I'm getting my best friend back," Bonnie said, voice not wavering with the intensity of her words. "You all will never understand, and I don't expect you to. Marlene will die if we do not do something now."