6 4 * arscinas yaflom and the diadem's placement

"HE WILL GO to the Burrow until further notice," Dumbledore assured Sirius, Bonnie, Remus, and Regulus. Sirius and Remus had just found their way into the office when Sirius saw his brother in tears. Sirius wasted no time pulling Regulus to his chest. Before anything, they were brothers. It was high time to start remembering that. "He is not safe here. Though there are only two months left, I don't feel safe letting him hide here. If there are Death Eaters in my school, which I know there are... we have no choice."

Regulus sniffed once. "I-I don't want to be a burden—"

Bonnie wiped his eyes as a mother would do with her thumb. She smiled. "Molly would love to have you. Fabian and Gideon will be around since she's about to have the twins, and you'll only be there until we get out of here. You'll stay with us."

"I shall send Molly a letter. Minerva, have Horace come up to my office please so we can get Regulus's things. Regulus, go with Sirius and Remus to the Gryffindor common room to wait for my command." Sirius went to argue but obliged when he saw Bonnie's face. He knew he had to be there for his brother.

When the group had gone, Dumbledore sighed to Bonnie. "Narcissa obviously does not want to be on that side. She saved Regulus further damage by keeping a closed mouth. We know now that the snake is one of the Horcruxes, and we know Kreacher may have an idea about the locket. I hate what the boy went through, but it was worth it in the end."

"Worth it?"

Bonnie stood up. "It was not worth being tortured, sir, no matter the circumstance. I hate that we allowed him to spy for us!"

Dumbledore raised a hand to silence her. "I know you're upset because he is your friend and your significant other's brother. That makes no difference in the situation. We are closer to defeating these Horcruxes."

"Yeah? How so?" she was angered that the man was acting as if Regulus being tortured was completely fine.

"Because Frank Longbottom and I went to Gringotts to find the cup. It was not there. When we Imperio'd a goblin, we found out a man by the name of Arscinas Yaflom had taken the cup. Now, can you guess who Arscinas Yaflom was and why he was allowed in the Black vault?" Dumbledore asked with a knowing gaze.

He took his wand to spell the name he had just said. With a wave of his wand, the letters rearranged themselves. Bonnie breathed out a laugh. "Narcissa Malfoy. She's becoming more important, isn't she?"

"And no one suspected a thing, isn't that curious?"

"When I think about it, I don't think it's that curious at all," Bonnie mumbled with a slight grin at the woman's actions. "I think she knew I had Riddle's diary, sir when I took it from her fallen books. She kept Regulus a secret. She saved me when Lucius and Bella had their way during that summer I almost became a Death Eater. It all fits, doesn't it? That she would be the one to help us."

Dumbledore smiled. "I think she is helping us, but she won't tell us directly in fear of the Dark Lord. What's your progress with Helena?"

"She is warmed up to me, but she thinks it is a game. The diadem."

Dumbledore stood and walked around his desk. "Then, I suppose we must show her that this is, in fact, not a game."

Bonnie never felt more relieved to hear that. She never understood since the beginning why she had to get the diadem. If Dumbledore asked, she would tell him out of respect. Why had Dumbledore sent her on this wild goose chase when he could, as he is doing now, go find her himself and ask? Bonnie never would understand Dumbledore.

Walking behind him, they finally managed to find Helena hiding in a different corridor than normal. Her eyes widened at Dumbledore before she bowed slightly. In a tone of betrayal, she said, "Why did you bring him, Bonnie? I would have told you eventually."