1 8 * a duel against slytherins and a letter from dumbledore

BONNIE MOVED QUICKLY when she heard James call out her name. There was no more avoiding them, she knew, but after the two weeks, she still was cloudy in her thoughts. Pushing passed Mulciber who growled out in annoyance, she rushed out of her Charms lesson.

"Bonnie! Would you— 'scuse me, sorry! Bon—watch it! Ow! Bonnie Miller!" James called out, reaching to grab her arm. He saw her flinch, moving his hand to notice faint yellow bruises. They were going away, so Bonnie hadn't felt the need to cover them. She wished she did. "Bonnie, please. What's wrong?"

Bonnie tugged her bag up her shoulder with a shrug. She pushed some hair forward to hide her eye that she hadn't felt the need to cover as much either. "Nothing, why?"

"You've made us all very worried, Bon," James said, pushing his fallen glasses up his nose. He frowned at her. "I've noticed on the map you've been seeing Dumbledore a lot. What's with that?"

"Lessons he's been giving me," she said shortly.

"On what? You're practically a genius," James drawled as they reached the Black Lake. She watched him sit down, grabbing her bag from her arm to make her sit as well. When she sat, he grinned. "C'mon, Bon. Talk to us again. Sirius misses you, I miss you. Remmy boy and Peter... don't think I haven't noticed your distance between the girls either."

"I've just had a lot going on, James. Why so nosey?" she asked, a smirk lighting up her features. James grinned at her at that remark.

"I'm nosey because I care... hey, Moony! Over here!" James called his brothers who were searching for him, no doubt. The three boys' eyes lit up when they saw Bonnie sitting there with him. They practically ran over to join them.

Bonnie rolled her eyes as she took out her Potion's essay, laughing when she saw James take out his as well. She could feel his eyes on her paper as he rewrote her words onto his own. Remus had pulled out a book while Peter took out his Charms work. Sirius laid on the ground, legs over Bonnie and James. It was serene. Peaceful. Bonnie wanted nothing more than to pause time.

Soon, the peace was broken.

"Oi, Bonnie!" Severus's voice called out to her. She saw him, Malfoy, Mulciber, and Avery standing near them. The Marauders quickly dropped what they were doing to take out their wands. "What'd I tell you about Black and Potter?"

"Severus, who I am and am not friends with does not concern you. Why can't you just leave it?" she pleaded, seeing the Slytherins take out their own wands as well.

Malfoy sneered, "Because, Miller, I believe your mother and father made the same demand. You better do what's good for you and walk away from them. You do realize, I'm the person they ask for updates on you."

Bonnie now stood in front of James and Sirius who had easily pushed her back ready to duel. She pulled out her own wand and pointed it directly at Malfoy's nose. "If you know what's good for you, Malfoy," she snarled, "You'll back the fuck out of my life before I make you. I don't give a damn what my parents want, nor do I care what any of you say. Get out of here."

"Or what?" Avery sneered. "You filthy blood-traitor. Do it, Severus."

Bonnie's eyes locked with Severus's at that moment. She said his hand twitch, wanting more than anything to go down and leave her be. He knew after this moment, nothing would be the same.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Snape yelled, allowing his wand to stay pointed at Bonnie. James quickly countered by shouting, "Levicorpus!" to Snape.

It was a duel soon after. Bonnie's body-bind wore off after a moment, her head aching from where she landed. She saw Sirius fighting Malfoy with a grin, James fighting Snape, Remus fighting Mulciber, and Peter fighting Avery.