Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Three

I stayed up all night but barely felt the effects of not sleeping as the people behind me snored. When they finally woke up and breakfast was pushed through the door. Grabbing the tray I offered them some through the space between the bars. By they refused saying I'd need my strength. They must be fucking superheroes or something if they think they won't need strength to get away from Vivian.

"So how'd you guys get messed up with Vivian?" I asked them, spinning to stare at the bars again.

"How'd you?" Hugh reciprocated.

"Doing stupid things. Being stupid." I mumbled.

"Same for us," he sighed, "trust me."

Hugh was the only one awake. The others were sleeping again. Well then C woke up. She's the most mysterious of the bunch, she wakes up in shakes and screams. Hugh usually ends up holding her until she stops then she's in tears for a good ten minutes until she can carry a normal conversation. Then of course that woke Randall up, who by the way is a dick. Jessica seems to somehow sleep through it.

I wanted to break me out of the cage but they convinced me they were safer inside. It was scary outside because Vivian could willingly take them whenever, wherever. Honestly the cage looks like a more secure place to be than locked in this room waiting for Vivian to do something. Well she still hasn't done anything and its just aggravatingly painful to just sit here and wait. But if she try's to kiss me or something again I swear I'll go wolf and bite her head off whether Sophie gets mad or not.

"You can't." Randall mumbled.

I looked up to see him standing in front of me but again still in the shadows, "what?"

"You can't be a wolf." He growled.

"Yes I can! Don't fuck with me Randall." I snarled back.

"Try." He snickered.

I stood back from the cage and let my self- not change. I looked down at myself, still human. I didn't have to force it before, I pushed myself. Again nothing. I couldn't even growl at myself. Randall snickered.

"Why the hell can't I change?!" I yelled at him, Jessica woke and C screamed.

Randall waved me closer to the cage and I moved towards him. Then Randall took a step into the light, his face mine, his eyes my wolf's, his teeth my wolf's.

He smiled, "Because I am your wolf."

"That's not possible." I protested.

"Oh it is, it's happening. I'm right here in front of you." He chuckled darkly.

"So that's it? I'm not a wolf anymore?" I groaned.

"No. Ian, why do you think Vivian hasn't bugged you here? Why do you think we just showed up? Hello? You're not awake." He rolled his eyes at me.

"So I just dreamed up my wolf?"

"No, we all exist inside of you. That food you ate brought us out." Randall explained.

I nodded to the back of the cage, "Who are they?"

Randall moved over and made room for the rest. Jessica was the first to walk forward. As she stepped into the light I gasped. My black hair. My moms hair. She was just like the photo Matt and I found. She was perfect.

"Mom." I smiled reaching through the bars and grabbing her hand.

"I was always here baby, I'll always be here." She laughed, tears going down her chubby kid cheeks.

Then C stepped up with little help from Hugh, she stepped into the light and barely stood for a minute before her knees went weak and she fell. C- Chryson. My heart broke. She was broken.

"What's wrong with her?" I said barely above a whisper.

"This is the side she never shows, the side you know exists. This isn't her outside right now but its her on the inside." Randall huffed looking down at her with the same expression.

"And I would've done a better job at protecting her and you know it." Hugh thundered.

He walked up behind Sophie and picked her up by the elbows giving her his full support. Wren. He scowled at me. Obviously he still doesn't like me. So much for bent peaceful in the afterlife and shit. Wait, why the hell do they call him Hugh? Is it like code? I sighed, it didn't matter. What mattered was the crazy mind world I'm in and how the hell I get out of it

"How do I get out?" I asked Randall. Crossing my arms over my chest and looking up at him.

"That's a good question." He mumbled.

"You don't know?!" I yelled back.

"If you don't know sweetie, we don't know," Mom added, "At least that's what we think."

There was a faint screeching sound along the bars and I looked over to see Chryson pulling herself up. She wiped tears off her face and looked up at me. She offered me a weak smile, "I know."

I nodded and she continued, " We have to wait."

"For what?" I asked her softly, I saw Randall go to grab her hand but Wren grabbed his wrist before he could touch her.

"Sophie, you're probably stuck like this until I can bring you out of it. Trust me, I'll find a way." She whispered, a small tear falling down her cheek.

I smiled and walked up to the cage, reaching through it I wiped her tear away, "I trust you."

Wren pulled her back and I only smiled weakly at him while Randall growled, my mom watched, confused but I could see the realization come through and I walked  back to the edge of the room, or my subconscious- or whatever. I slid down the wall and crossed my arms. God I missed Sophie so much. I just wanted her here, actually here.