Dark Side- Chapter Nine

"Ian!" The shrill voice that could only belong to one person followed me.

I turned to see exactly who I thought it was. Shannon. She's convinced she's my mate; she makes it her hobby to ruin my day. So just to piss her off- I ignored her.  My plan worked when she stormed over, flinging her hands up in the air and scowling. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. She stomped up behind me and spun me around, forcing me to face her.

"Did you hear me?" She snarled.

I didn't answer; go this chick couldn't take a hint. Don't get me wrong she's beautiful, her blonde hair half up half down, her blue eyes covered in make-up. She was tall and model thin. I tuned her out as she ranted on about listening or something like that. Jack stood behind her suddenly, nodding and smirking at me. I scowled at him before tuning back into Shannon’s speech.

"- and how are we supposed to communicate, let alone connect, if you don't listen? Seriously, Ian you need to mature. I'm not your mother, I'm your mate." She yelled

"How may time do I have to tell you?! You're not my mate!" I snarled.

"Stop ignoring the signs Ian!" She shouted back

"You're fricken crazy!" I stormed off, not caring about her, or her feelings.

Jack followed me as I went into the woods. Peeling off my clothes behind a tree, I let the change happen. For a second I felt free, nothing but a soul. An entity with the world swirling around it. Then my body changed my spine changing, a tail growing and my nose getting longer. At first it was painful but now a day it was easy and relieving. Before long I was standing beside Jack as a big black wolf. Jack sighed and he shifted too, before long he was my identical but two shades lighter, with brown eyes instead of my bright blue ones.

I turned my back to him and ran. I let my feet take me where they wanted me to, listening to the sounds of my paws. Jack followed me, trying to talk to me through our minds but I blocked him out. I liked Jack and all but I didn't need to be talked down to.

I kept running for hours, not noticing that Jack stopped following me. Not even aware I was on her land. Not aware of the eyes watching me, and sure as hell not caring about the footsteps I heard every few minutes.

                 ************************Darrin's Point Of View*****************************

Shock was probably the first emotion that emerged when I saw the black wolf sprinting across our territory. This thing was huge, like someone put it on steroids for years and just let it go. I was out alone, of course, dodging Sophie. Just in case she decides to get me back. Darn girl was my puppet master right now. The wolf rain it's butt off and I couldn't help but follow it.

In all honesty, I was a terrible ninja. There were very few bushes that would conceal my figure and with every step I pictured both Sophie and Brian laughing at me.  Brian would be at the house by now though with Sophie nearby. We'd only given up on patrolling the perimeter of our land a while ago. I decided I needed time to myself so I stayed behind, I mean honestly there's never any Darrin time.

I watched as the butch wolf grew more and more concerned about my presence. It was understandable though, the poor thing had a born killer four feet from it. I was prepared to attack it if I need to. What I wasn't prepared for was the sudden spin and low growl that erupted fro it. It's ears where pinned back to its massive head as it's black tail switched from side to side in an annoyed way. The wolf sniffed me out growling even more in my face. I stood from the ground I'd been trying to crawl on with my hands raised in a surrendering motion.

"Okay you got me," I smirked, "What's the big bad wolf going to do?"

The black wolf stood there, as if deciding something, then trotted behind a tree. I stayed glued in spot, trying to decide whether to leave or wait for it to come back. My curiosity got the best of me though. I stayed in place shifting my weight from foot to foot.