Dark Side-Chapter Eight (#2)

Hi, This chapter is going to be sort of like an addition to Chapter 8 from Ian's Point Of View, so your not going crazy there  is two chapter 8's. Enjoy :+)

The girl, the one girl that my pack was suddenly interested in stood still, staring into Ryan's eyes. A low growl escaped my chest and the others let theirs out too, covering my mistake. The girl looked around at us and something inside me stirred, trying to push me to do or say something to her. I knew she wouldn't back down, we're on her land. A stupid move on our part if anything.

Let's go. Minnie spoke suddenly

I gazed over at her, the only girl who wanted to come, ya why are we here?

Alpha's orders came Ryan's steady reply.

She won't give up her land, if that's what he's thinking. She's had it for years haven’t she? Zach asked.

Ryan paused, that’s not what he's thinking.

Ryan spun to face us, his mohawk more frayed then usual and his brown eyes narrowed. I hated him, he was a kiss up. Besides his scary look, he was a real suck. The only one who mildly liked him was the Alpha himself. He pushed by me and Minnie followed him. I stayed the longest starring at the girl for about ten more seconds. There was something about her. Something I couldn't figure out just yet. I followed behind them keeping pace with Minnie, that wasn't her real name but she wouldn't tell anyone what her real name was. Since she was so small we all started calling her that.  Our group stayed quiet until we crossed onto our land. The vampires owned a large amount of land, sure, but we owned a lot of it too. Minnie turned to look at me; I kept facing forward but had her in my sights. Despite how girly her name sounded she was one of the biggest tom boys I know.

"What's up with you?" She asked her eyebrows almost invisible in her bangs.

I looked over at her, "Nothing."

"So that’s why you were looking at that chick back there like she was your long lost love." She smirked

"I wasn't." I grunted, looking away again.

I heard Zach stifle a laugh and I punched his arm. He growled, but didn't fight back. I don't blame him, who would hit the Alpha's brother? There were a lot of things our pack could get away with, but never abusing the Alpha's family. Sure I was peeved that I wasn't the leader, but I'm the younger one.  I have to wait until he dies. Or resigns.

Speaking of the Alpha, my brother strolled into view right on cue. Immediately Ryan was by his side, telling him the important information- which was non-existent.  I rolled my eyes at Jack as he walked up beside me. Jack had been my good friend since he joined the pack.

"How was it?" He asked, curiously glancing at Ryan.

"Decent, she's a very attractive lady." I smirked

"Oh I know man, I've seen her around. I mean she is a vampire, so it kind of makes sense but yeah she is." He agreed.

I spared my brother a questioning look as he walked over. Matt, I shook my head, even his name was aggravating. I mean we've had our moments, but honestly they guy was a tool. I frowned though when I saw his 'mate' hanging off his arm. I always forgot her name; I didn't care to get to know girls like her anyways. The girl was like a walking porno, all she did was swing those hips and stuff that bra. At first I didn't mind her, she was entertaining, but after a while she just got obnoxious.

"I need to talk with you." Matt stated

"’Bout what?" I asked

Matt glanced at Jack, then what’s her face, "Can't say. Your ears only."

I groaned on the inside, Alpha- Beta business of course, "Okay lead the way brother."

He didn't smile the slightest at my sarcasm. A part of me longed for the pre-Alpha him, but another part of me screams 'get over it! Suck it up, ya baby!'  Unfortunately that side always won. Anyways, Matt led me into the huge pack house and into the office. I sat down in one of the chairs stuck my hands in my pockets and waited. He stood in front of me, arms crossed and an anxious expression.

"What?" I asked, breaking the silence first

"I need your help Ian," Matt started as he paced, "Some of the pack members think we should.... terminate the vampires." He swallowed."They've done nothing to us, not these ones. Let them slip up first. Let us have a reason to hurt them!"

I don't know what made me so protective but I could see it shocked Matt too. He looked at me strangely, considering what I said.

"They have one chance then." He nodded.