Dark Side- Chapter Fifteen

We dodged trees trying to follow Brian, the kid was like an ostrich on steroids. I've never been to Samson's house before. I was completely out of my element as we ran through unknown towns and forests. We slowed outside a major town as the forest ended. The streets where crowded and I had to struggle to keep up with Brian and Darrin as they pushed through the people. I never knew Samson lived so far away, we may as well have taken a car to get here. I stopped as I ran into the back of one of my brothers, not bothering to see who I looked past them to stare at the massive hotel in front of us. The outside was painted a sand color, making it look almost golden as the sun gleamed off the perfectly cleaned windows. We walked up the stairs leading to the entrance and thanked the doorman as he opened the door for us. The lobby was gorgeous, a huge gold chandelier hung in the middle surrounded by brown paint with small little intricate gold designs. There where white roses scattered around the room and two elevators in the back, the check in desk was mahogany wood and rested in the middle of the room, under the chandelier. I found Samson instantly, he was leaning beside one of the  flower vases to the right of us. He made his way over to us, nodded to the guy at the desk and hustled us towards the elevators.  The elevator doors slid open and he practically pushed us inside as he smacked the penthouse button. I've always wondered what Samson did, and it was becoming increasingly obvious that he was the manger of this hotel.

I was hushed and told not to ask any questions until we got into the safety of his room. I was peeved as I leaned against the elevator mirror, I wanted to know now. We finally got to the top floor and my nerves sky rocketed, what if I didn't want to know? Maybe it was one of those things where I find out I have a secret double life or something. Samson, who was obviously enjoying leading me places, put his hand in the centre of my back and guided me in his door and into the living room. The place was gorgeous, I was taking it all in when Brian slapped Samson's hand away. I jumped at the noise, I forgot he was touching me. As I looked around the white penthouse I noticed Dianne was there too, pacing the room she looked up at me and nodded before she looked back at the ground and kept pacing. I kept looking around the apartment, to my right was an entire wall of windows, you could see the main street from here and all the people walking up and down it. A black couch sat to my left, facing the window with a circle of chairs surrounding it. I watched as Samson moved the out of place chairs like the kitchen stool and rearranged everything so the three reclining chairs where facing the couch. I walked over to the chair and plunked down onto the leather, putting my head in my hands again waiting for someone to tell me something. My brothers copied me and sat in the other two seats, mimicking my movement and resting their heads in their hands. I bit back a laugh at how weird we looked, sitting while Dianne was too concerned about something to stop moving and while Samson was biting his nails.

We must have stayed like that for at least ten minutes before I started to get annoyed. No one was speaking, why was no one speaking? When it was clear no one would a sucked in a breath

"Would anyone like to tell us what's going on?" I asked the space, straighting up in my chair to look at everyone.

"You know the murders I was looking up?" Brian started.

"We think they're all connected and that there's a vampire killing the animals. The more it kills the more obvious it is that whoever it is, is making they're way to you." Samson finished.

I thought for a second, the all connected thing was obvious, the vampire thing made sense but coming towards us? Why would they alert us like this? It was like the joker flashing his own symbol in the air to tell batman he was attacking somewhere.

"You think they're practicing to fight us?" Darrin wondered leaning forward in his chair and glancing at Samson.

Samson came around and sat on the couch, his face shadowed with concern, "Yes, but not fight. Kill."