Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Two

Using my new found strength I pushed the body off me and ran at Vivian. She looked shocked for a second but recovered quickly, dodging away from my fist as it plumented into the drywall. I was quick too, I turned around just as fast and ran at her again this time grabbing her by the neck and pinning her there. She smiled, then kicked me away, sending me flying back and almost landing on Brian while she hoped onto a desk.

"I'm not weak anymore, I've been training can you tell? Unless you've got any new moves I can inticipate everything you're going to do. And let's face it you'll never change." She smirked, walking along the desks until she was next to the window.

"I don't care how strong you are, even if you leave I will hunt you down and I will kill you Vivian." I snarled hopping up on a desk too.

"Look at you such an optimistic person! You'll clean this mess up for me right sweetheart? I've got a meeting to get to but keep that spirit I like it." She snickered going to step out the window.

I sprung forward catching her by the back of her shirt. She let out a sharp hiss as she bounced back a bit, "you're not going anywhere." I yelled at her.

She stifled a laugh as she pealed off her shirt and dropped to the ground, "Don't worry I'll be back. I haven't been properly introduced to your boyfriend yet."

I went to chase her, to jump out the window and follow but someone pulled me back, wrapping their arms around my neck and dragging me backwards. I soon figured out it was Darrin, since the door was wide open and Brian was just starting to stand. I struggled to get out of his grasp. I have to check on Ian, Ian has to be safe. She'll kill him. I know it. Brian came over and stared at me, his eyes hard, I could tell he was disappointed, he reeked of the feeling. I didn't want his pity party. He could go back and lie on the floor for all I care.

****Ian's POV****

I was hungry all through my exam, and angry. I could hear Brian shouting something, then dead silence. It set my nerves on edge. It would be my luck to have my mate die right when we were getting along. I still hat what I did. I don't know how it happened, the last person I saw that mad, mad enough to kill their own mate, well we should leave it at he's not around anymore. I finished my English exam as fast as I could so I could get to Sophie, I needed to check on her. Something was wrong.

I ran down the halls, following her intoxicating scent and coming up short as I smelt the blood. Maybe I didn't need to go in there. I don't think I wanted to see it, what if she was feeding? Last time I wanted to puke. I guess I can't handle the thought of her drinking someone's blood out. Who pictures their girlfriend drinking blood? Fucked up people maybe, but not me. I stayed back behind the drink machine, needing a reason to go in. I had to check on Sophie yeah, but from here I can already tell she's okay. Maybe a little off, but okay.

A loud crash followed by the thud or someone against the drink machine made me jump. I ran out from behind it to see Darrin getting up from behind the machine. There was a huge hole in the wall. Which I'm guessing he was flung out of, and Brian was heading towards the window. I bypassed Darrin, Sophie wasn't in sight. Running through the hole I immediately pulled Brian back.

"What the hell happened?" I asked, Sophie wasn't even in the room anymore.

"Vivian. Blood. Sophie went after her, we couldn't stop her." Brian breathed heavily, looking from me to the window and back again.

I nodded then flung myself out the window, changing as I fell. All four paws hit the ground and I sprinted after her scent. She was in danger. That's all I knew. I ran as fast as I could, catching her just before Sophie broke out onto the streets. I jumped in front of her, growling at her until she backed up. I got her at least ten feet away before she stopped moving and I shifted back behind a tree.