Dark Side- Chapter Four

This chapter was six pages on word so it might be shorter on here which sucks but whatever. Anyways thank you for reading/voting/fanning!! enjoy :)

"What was that?" Chloe shrieked as she sat up beside me.

"I think there’s and animal outside the tent." I shrugged

"An animal? There are no animals in your woods, you told me!" She cried

"Maybe someone lost a dog or something, stay here I'm going to check." I tried to sound calm, but she was right. There are no animals in these woods; we scared them away a long time ago.

 I slowly got up from the sleeping bag trying not to wake up Cassie as she snored slightly on my other side. The person outside the tent had gone suddenly quiet after they broke the twig, probably realizing their mistake. I could tell that they weren't moving; if they'd been supernatural then they would've kept going because they would’ve known that I'd be outside soon anyways. I carefully opened the zipper, trying to do it slowly so it wouldn't make noise. I stepped out and closed the tent behind me sending Chloe a look that read 'stay here'. I turned to try and find the source of the noise when the wind picked up. It blew my hair in front of my face, and just as soon as I moved my hair away from my face it stopped. The night was eerie, and for most people it would be hard to make out shapes far away, for me it was crystal clear just like the daytime maybe even better. I heard someone suck in a breath and I turned to the left, seeing the hand peeking out from around the tree. The hand was big and clearly masculine, I sighed my mind automatically went to my brothers.

Planning on surprising them before they had a chance to get to us I quietly swung myself up into a nearby tree and jumped from tree to tree until I was above our attacker. I peered through the leaves at the red head bellow me. He was peaking around the tree and sighed when he saw I was gone. I raised an eyebrow, I knew some red head's but I wasn't sure which one this was. He raised his head eyes closed clearly relaxed, and my mind blanked. Shaun. Chloe's boyfriend was stalking her? I stared at him in utter confusion and watched as he moved closer to the tent. I followed him in the trees and stopped when he tucked himself behind another one. I peered around him and saw why, the zipper of our tent slowly unzipped and Chloe peered out.

I sighed, she clearly misunderstood my look. Shaun finally figured out who it was and smiled a really creepy smile. He ran out from behind his tree and I followed behind him. The way he ran made me finally realize he was drunk, he stumbled over himself as he ran at Chloe.  Chloe’s eyes widened and she looked scared, Shaun was a terrible drunk he would get violent and she would stay far away from him when he drank. I followed him closely sticking to the shadows, I would only come out if Chloe really needed help, and she was pretty tough.

"Why did you dump me?" Shaun yelled at her as he grabbed her by the shoulders.

"You’re drunk Shaun." Chloe said calmly, turning her face away from him.

This movement only made him angrier, he grabbed her face and forced her to look at him, "Look at me when I talk to you," He slurred, "Why'd you dump me."

"This is why." Chloe motioned to him.

"What? You don't like this baby?" Shaun snarled

"Shaun, please, just go home, you're drunk." She tried

"No! Tell me why?" He yelled shoving her against a tree.

Her head bounced off the wood and I could see tears forming, "You're hurting me Shaun." She whimpered

"I wouldn't if you stopped being such a slut!" Shaun yelled.

"It doesn't matter what you say, I'm not getting back together with you. You might as well go home." Chloe spat.