Dark Side- Chapter Eleven

Somehow I'd been able to shut the world out until I felt my bed beneath me. I kept my eyes shut though; I didn't want to talk to either one of my brothers. When I heard the door slam I opened my eyes and let out a breath I had no clue I was keeping in. I turned on the television that hung on the wall close to the door but opposite to my bed. I picked the show were some girl was slowly killing every man who'd ever wronged her. It was a movie actually, Monster. I was totally siding with the girl when my balcony doors were opened. The black curtains fluttered in the slight breeze as did the curtains that hung on my bed. Dianne grinned as she walked in and sat on the loveseat beside my bed. She leaned forward, waiting for me to tell her about it. A reason she was my good friend was because she was completely unfazed by my emotions, but somehow she still cared.

"Want me to take you to get your rabies shot?" She smiled

I laughed but playfully glared as she laughed at herself as well. I turned back to the TV to watch the string of commercials. Dianne's eyes burned a hole through the side of my head as I did. I turned back to glance at her and smirked at her cocked eyebrow. Shaking my head at her I turned back to the TV again.  Dianne huffed and I heard the love seat creak as she got off it. Her totally not amused face blocked the screen as she sat down in front of me. I groaned and turned the TV off. Trying to watch it with her here is useless she won't give up until I talk to her about my issues. She should be a therapist. Dianne found her sense of humour as she realised she had my full attention. I fell back into the pillows on my bed and stared at the empty wall, man I need some decor in here.

Dianne sighed, "What happened? Your brothers decided to tell me the basics but I thought I should hear it from you to."

"He-he's my..... Mate." Was all my brain would offer

"Who?" She pried; I thought she knew the basics.

"Ian." I choked.

"What’s wrong with that?" She wondered acting more and more like a pretended therapist with each question.

I looked up at her, "He's a werewolf."

Dianne smiled, "I know, but doesn't it feel better saying it?"

"Yeah sure, he attacked me then almost kissed me, then looked disgusted and he was gone. A crappy way to be a mate I think." I mumbled

"So let me get this straight. Some guy has the tough ass I see every day Sophie in bed moping? Do you see the issue that I see?" She smirked, trying to give me a pep talk.

"You're right." I sighed

Dianne nodded, "Damn, right! I always am! Now we are going to go out and show him that you don't ware his dog collar!"

I laughed and got up off of the bed. She was right I'd been through wars, countless deaths, basically everything. Why would I let him get to me? That was when I decided to forget Ian, who had no doubt forgotten me. So I showered, put on a black tank top and we went to the mall. The Benson Mall was about twenty minutes away from the small town of Crawford. We took the Camaro parked in our eight car garage and were there in no time. It was a Saturday afternoon so naturally the mall was crawling with teenagers. We parked on the East side. Dianne chose the East side mostly because the West side was covered in graffiti and drug addicts. I liked my car and I wanted it to stay its shiny red color, not a metallic black spray paint color. We walked into the mall checking out the unique clothing and the cute boys, well Dianne was doing the last one. I was under the impression we were here for a little retail therapy but it came increasingly obvious that Dianne was on a mission. She stopped every attractive guy or snobby girl who looked her way and I shared confused glances with them every time. I just wanted a new sweater, not a new person.