Dark Side- Chapter Fourteen

I stared at Ian, why was he standing in front of me? Wasn't this breaking his Alpha's rules?

"Are you okay?" He asked completely emotionless.

I starred at him, it was a question that should've been said with compassion, especially since I was his mate! A sudden anger consumed me, first Wren refuses to talk to me and now he's talking to me like he's some stupid emotionless robot.

"Why would you care?" I shot back.

"I'm just trying to make sure your okay." He said, still weirdly calm and emotionless.

"Oh yeah like you did on the day we were mated right? I saw the look on your face Ian!" I snapped, his calmness was so aggravating.

"What did you expect Sophie? Us to run off into the sunset?! For absolutely no one in my pack to object to this?!" He shouted back, motioning at the two of us. At least he has emotion now.

"I expected you to at least act like you care!" I yelled.

"I came over here to check on you didn't I? I'm risking my life more than you think!" He shouted.

I looked down at the floor for a second then back up at him, "How?"

His expression changed drastically as he looked past me through the window I was sitting against. I turned my head and followed his eyes . Another guy stood there, he was tall and thin with brown, buzz-cut hair. Right now he was waving his arms around frantically and looking from me to Ian and back again. I looked over at Ian, he looked down at me frowned then turned and left. I followed him with my eyes until I couldn't see him anymore as he walked outside to meet the waving guy. He gave him a quick okay nod before they headed into the parking lot, then I lost sight of him. God he got on my nerves, risking his life how? I'm the one with the death threat on my hands not him! Such a miserable little tool bag. In fact the only emotion he has is miserable, I've never seen him smile, never mind laugh. Yet somehow he can some over here and act like he's got no issues with what his stupid pack says. I heard a car screech out of the parking lot and I pulled myself off the floor. If only Wren hadn't stayed late then I wouldn't be in this stupid mess. Well my life was already a stupid mess before this, but that's not the point.

Wren was helping Mrs.Thern with something so I stayed late to talk to him. If I would've just gone home I wouldn't have about half of Ian's pack crowding the halls as they got out of their exams. Their hateful stares practically made a hole in my back as I ran out the front doors. I went straight home, I didn't want to run into anyone else, not super mad Alpha, not Ian, and most defiantly not Wren. My pride still feels the sting when he ignores me.

My stomach was taking up acrobatics as I ran in the front door, my family all gave me very weird looks as they crowded around the TV. I spared them all my whining and just shook my head, I didn't want to talk about it. I jogged up the stairs and went to my room, changing into my comfiest clothes I then went to the bathroom and tied my hair up in a bun. I leaned against the gray marble counter top on my elbows with my head in my hands. A girl looked back at me in the huge mirror and I watched her just as much as she watched me. She looked depressed, tired and angry. I silently hoped that maybe the gray and yellow surroundings would cheer her up. Yellow always seemed to do that. Maybe the checkered wall with massive shelves that were always filled with paper towel and other bathroom stuff, maybe the yellow towels the hung determinately on their racks would bring a small smile onto her face. Somehow the girl in the mirror was unfazed by all of this. As was the man beside her, he looked more concerned about the girl.

"I don't want to talk about it." I mumbled to him.

"I know." Darrin said, he knew me too well though, he knew I was going to end up telling him anyways.