Dark Side- Chapter Forty One

Ian

I stared at the blood bath around me, vampires had stopped coming out of the doors a while ago but I could still smell more. I shifted back, stealing clothes off of one of the unconscious men, then running into the hallway. I walked slowly. Sophie and Vivian couldn't have gone that far. But, then again, it is Sophie. She would do anything to make sure I'm not involved in this fight. She would rather die than me getting in there, but does she not understand that if she dies I die? If she gets hurt I feel it too. We both already know that. 

I rubbed my forehead as I approached the stairs. I stared up at the long winding tunnel, I could see indents in the walls of where someone had smashed into them. I stopped moving as I heard footsteps behind me. Before they could attack I turned around and growled. Two men stood in the hall of the ballroom, looking in the doors as if they didn't witness what happened. Their faces concealed by shadows. 

Everything took on an eerie silence as I launched myself forwards, running as fast as I could until I collided with one of the boys. They reacted in one fluent motion, turning my attack into a failed attempt as they slammed me against the hard cement floor. I growled in frustration. Why can't these bastards just fall?! Why can't they just die like the scum they are? I heard a chuckle as the boys peered down at me, their faces hitting the light. 

"Someone looks angry." Darrin commented, leaning down beside me as Brian held me firmly against the ground.

"Wouldn't be if you let me the fuck up." I growled back

"Not with that attitude." Brian smiled, showing his delicate fangs that almost stretched all the way to his chin, I didn't even notice them grow. 

"Where's Sophie?" Darrin asked.

I tried to push myself up, letting out an exasperated sigh, "If I knew do you think I'd be here?" 

"Ouch, sarcasm hurts." He muttered back. 

"Aren't you guys the least bit concerned about your sister getting her head ripped off?" I hissed at them, trying again to push myself off the floor. 

"She always handled combat well." Brian shrugged, looking at Darrin who shrugged too.

"Even when she's human?" I sighed giving up on trying to get up as Brian had me pinned. 

Darrin stood up with a shot. He looked down at Brian, pulling him up by the arms with fake shock plastered all over his face, "Did you hear that Brian? Our sister is human! How will she ever survive without fangs?" he danced his fingers over his twins.

Brian's eyes, however, grew darker with every word. He looked down at me, "How strong is Vivian?" 

I pulled myself up, "She's been training for this moment for like half her life so I don't know. Farley strong." 

Darrin opened his mouth but was cut off short by the sudden scream erupting from the roof. I cried out too, falling to the floor again as my back felt like it was on fire. A let out a string of curse words, picking myself back up and trying to roll my shoulders. It was like a thousand ting needles being shoved into each nerve. Brian and Darrin nearly ran over each other going for the stairs and it took me a couple dazed second to figure out why. Sophie. 

Sophie

Vivian had picked me up and slammed me into the ground. The first couple of smashes into random objects weren't so bad. I admit on the last couple I had to hold back screams, but this one I finally let lose. I tried to block Ian from feeling my pain. I didn't want him to feel like every nerve was on fire, like every muscle was to tired to move, like I was drenched in sweat but really it was my own blood. I licked my lips, more blood on their cracked and bruised surface. Pulling myself off the ground I pulled out one of my guns, Vivian ran around, her image becoming one big blur as I fired randomly.