Dark Side- Chapter Eighteen

The smell got closer and closer as I literally started to drool over the thought of warm human blood. I shook my head, god where is my mind? I can't do this, I can't give into whatever's going on here. I was just going to help the person, not eat them. Finally I reached the end of the trail, a pool of blood in front of me but no body. I looked around the dark forest, no one's here. Na-da. I looked at the pool of blood my stomach growling with hunger, and my mind considering finding a straw to drink it with.

A scream pulled me out of my thoughts as I heard footsteps. The smell of blood picked up again as a small girl ran through the trees. My eyes went wide as I gawked at her, there was blood coming from a cut in her stomach and she was clearly in hysterics. She ran over to me grabbing my shoulders and hanging off me, tears streaming down her face.

"You-you h-have to h-h-help me. She's c-coming to g-get me. P-please." She gasped shaking and crying more and more.

"Who?" I asked her, trying to look around her at the trees. Whoever it was would be here soon.

"S-she killed A-Anna. Oh god, please you h-have to h-help me." She sobbed.

I gasped as she grabbed my shirt with her clenched fists, backing up into me and putting her wound against my white shirt. Now I have to change before going back to Wren's place. I doubt he wouldn't ask any questions if I walked in covered in blood, especially since he knows what I am. Aw shit! He knows what I am! Could I trust that he didn't tell anyone? She stumbled into me again bringing my thoughts back around to the current situation as she pressed her back against me now, scrambling to get somewhere.

"Did you hear that?!" She screamed this was just perfect.

"What'd you hear?" I demanded trying to see around her blond ponytail.

"Someone's c-coming. It's her! Oh god, no, please i-it's her!" She shrieked.

I groaned, I couldn't hear a thing, "Relax, you're imagining things."

She nodded turning to face me again, "You've got to help me I'm bleeding. I don't want to die please-please can you t-try?"

"Sure, you're going to have to back up a bit though." I sighed through my nose.

She backed up and lifted her shirt for me so I could see the scratch that ran along her entire stomach. It started at her hip and ended just below her ribs. I breathed out through my nose trying not to take in the smell. He whimpered as I pushed and prodded at it, it was a deep cut. However did this did it well. In the back of my mind an idea popped up but it was pushed away as I concentrated on helping her. I knew my herbs, if I could find the right things I could disinfect it, then I guess I'd be using my sleeves to wrap it up. I explained to her as I was collecting chickweed to stop any inflammation and ground it into much before dabbing it around the room, usually it was used in a tea form but this would have to do.

Ripping off my left sleeve I did my best to wrap it around her waist hoping it would fit. Just as I finished wrapping it and was about to tie it off, it happened. My finger grazed her wound and I could feel the warm blood on my finger, and I could feel the hunter inside jump up and down with excitement. I tied it off anyways then pulled my hands free, eyes locked on my finger. Why couldn't I stop starring at it? Why couldn't I stop imagining how she'd taste? My mind was dreaming about her blood type, AB+, not a  rare type but relatively special. Before I could stop her she pulled me into a hug, wrapping her skinny arms around my neck and pushing my face into her neck. I gasped, shaking all over. She didn't even notice as I placed my shaky hands on her back and tried to look away from the blood in her neck. I could hear her pulse in my ears and that's it. All I could here was the nervous beating of her heart.