Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Three

I walked up slowly to the big white three story house in front of me. Ringing the door bell I sighed, can't believe I'm doing this. A short and chubby woman answered the door, the bags Nader her eyes suggested no sleep while her pursed lips suggested I was not the normal visitor.

I peeked around her, "Is Wren home?" I asked my eyes falling back onto her.

"Why yes he is, come on in ill get him." She smiled, opening the door while motioning for me to enter.

There was something seriously off with her. A I stepped in she closed the door and went up the stairs slowly, pausing at the top to look back down at me. I glanced around the room, it was nice. I guess, not my kind of place. The roses on the table beside the door where dead, but the rest of the place eerily clean. I walked over to the flowers and felt for a tag on the vase, sure enough I pulled out a little card that read; Happy One year anniversary sweetie! Love Sophie.

As Wren came down the stairs I crumpled the note in my hand, putting on my serious face I spun around to face him. He paused, raising his eyebrow and looking back up the stairs. Like he was waiting for the punk'd crew to run out and tell him my being here was a joke.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he came to the realization that I wasn't kidding.

"Step outside with me?" I nodded to the door, sticking my hands in my pockets so he wouldn't see them clench into fists. He followed me outside, closing the door behind him," I need your help." I admitted through clenched teeth.

He looked shocked, "With what?"

"Sophie." I answered and he was instantly on me. Grabbing the collar of my shirt and trying to lift me off the ground or something, I was getting pretty tired of this collar grabbing shit.

"If you hurt her I swear to god." He threatened.

"Why does everyone always assume I hurt her?! You know what Wren, don't worry about her, worry about yourself." I pushed him away.

"I do." He mumbled

I raised my eyebrow, "Did you not just walk out here with a perfect stranger? Hell you even closed the door behind you." I walked over to him, " What's to stop me from doing this?" And I punched him in the face.

I dragged his unconscious body with me through the forest and back to Sophie's house. When I reached the door I threw him over my shoulder again, he had started to fall off about half way here, but honestly that's when I stopped caring. I carried him up the stairs and to Sophie's bedroom, not caring about the multiple stares and questions I got from Darrin and Brian, I just wanted to get this over with. I wasn't going to deal with this freaky Sophie for much longer. I don't care if the blood will exist her system somehow or die down or whatever, I wanted the old her back now.

I kicked open her bedroom door and threw Wren down on the bed. Sophie looked at him then me again.

"Bon appetite." I smiled, leaving the room and closing the door behind me. This had to work.

*****Sophie's POV****

Wren flung on to my bed like a lifeless doll. I watched in some weird twisted feeling of happiness and horror as Ian left me with him. I stood before I realized what I was doing and walked over to Wren. The whole thing was like watching my life through a fog. I could only control myself for second then I was pushed back to watch in horror as my fangs grew. I wasn't going to eat Wren! Not the human that I've loved for so long, what the hell was Ian trying to do here? Get his enemies eliminated on the Sophie express?

I leaned down over Wren, taking in his intoxicating scent. I never knew he smelt so.... Good. I snapped out of it, I needed to stop this. This stupid blood crazed Sid elf me couldn't have control anymore. Why'd I even let it get this bad? Wren's eyes popped open and I hurled him stifle a scream. Well I was the one who muted it with my hand. He tried to push away, trying to get out of the bed, but I placed a hand on his chest to hold him down. I watched as I slowly moved towards his neck, my fangs pulsing with excitement.