Dark Side- Chapter Seven

"What are you going to do?" Darrin asked for the seventh time.

"Nothing, if she gets back together with Brian then we don't have a problem." I mumbled

Darrin stopped walking behind me and I spun to face him. He was staring into the woods and I followed his gaze. There was a group of people clustered together staring at us.  Going to stand beside Darrin, I met the eyes of one of them. He stared back until a low growl escaped one of them and they all turned away. I watched as the group slowly disappeared into the forest except for the one I made eye contact with and another who’s eyes glowed a with a red tint.

"What the hell was that?" Darrin exclaimed as I started walking again.

I knew the answer, but I didn't say anything. I've seen then before, werewolves. My brothers on the other hand, didn't know they existed. Why they were so interested in us though, was a mystery. I mystery I would like to solve. We'd never had too many problems with the werewolves, we stayed away from them and they did the same. I kept my brothers far from their territory, if they knew that these creatures existed I have no doubt that they'd fight all the time. Probably even find a way to start a war.

"You're not going to answer, are you?" Darrin asked, breaking my train of thought and the pictures of a vampire and werewolf war that was going on in my mind.

"You wouldn't learn if I told you." I smirked; I could hold this over him.

Geography crawled by and Brian didn't help. He was going on about how he could find no one at lunch and that we should've been with him "I'm heartbroken you know!" I spent most of the class wondering if Cassie would listen to me so I could stop listening to him all the time. I was half way through that thought when another one hit me full swing/ I hadn't seen Wren all day. It was extremely unusual for that boy to avoid me. I jumped from my seat and ignored the shocked yelp from Brian and the confused stares my class mates made as I made my way out of Geography. The teacher said nothing, and even if he had I would've ignored it. I think he figured that much. My feet carried me out of the school, and into the forest. One of the many things that worried me about being with Wren is that he could be used against me. It's silly how that human held my heart sometimes. If someone were to get him, they could get me to do anything to get him back. In the terms of a war or something I'd be against killing any humans but if they killed Wren all hell would break lose- I think. Wren had at least part of my heart another part was hopelessly wandering around looking for a reason to love a human.

I was running at top speed to get to him. I pulled up short as I got close to his house; all thoughts of Brian or anything else were shoved into the back of my mind as I focussed only on Wren. More worries entered my mind when I saw both of his parent’s cars in the long driveway. They were always gone, why would they be home when they hate their kids? I moved faster as the house came into view, (they had a long driveway but always parked at the end of it. Weirdo’s) anxiety piercing every muscle in my body. I got to the door and knocked slowly, I didn't want to give away how nervous I was. When no one answered I knocked more rapidly. No answer. Wren lived on the top floor of their three floor house and I could see his bedroom window. I was starting to come up with a plan when the door flew open, making a loud thwack! As it banged against the house. I jumped back as an angry plump woman scowled at me. I've only seen Wren's mother once but she'd really let herself go, Her once tiny waist had grown to be three times its original size, as well as the rest of her body. Her beautiful sleek hair was now tied back in a tangled greasy mess. The only thing that hadn't changed was her beady eyes and mean look that always seemed to haunt her face.

"What are you doing here?" She growled

"Is Wren home?" I asked politely, ignoring her question.