Dark Side- Chapter Forty

*Ian*

I jogged a good distance into the woods, making sure that the vampires wouldn't be able to hear me. Then I lifted my head and howled. Not a lonley looking for someone howl more of a sharp comanding howl and sure enough a course of howls boomed back to me. The sun was just going down as I ran towards the wolves. They met me halfway towards what almost sounded like a highway. The wolves looked up at me, a few of them morphing back into humans to comunicate others were either normal wolves or being cautious around their new Alpha.

"How come you didn't come looking for me?" I snapped almost as soon as the first one morphed.

"We were, the pack never ventures this far from territory." A man with black spiky hair informed me as he sized me up with his brown eyes.

"Aren't you off it right now?" I retorted, glaring at the man who spoke.

He visibly shrank away, "yes but only because you called us Alpha."

"Next time I expect you to look for me, my mate is in there alone because you're too stupid to help your alpha!" I yelled.

They all looked at the ground as I stormed about, "You guys need to follow me in there without questioning my demands, every vampire in there except Sophie, you take them down."

"Some of us don't know who Sophie is." One of them complained.

"I'll be by her side." I told him, spinning on my heal and transforming into my wolf. My clothing fell to shreds around me as I sprinted forward, the pack following behind.

**Sophie's POV**

Vivian likes to play with her food. She reminded me of Scar from 'The Lion King.' Right now she had me pinned to the wall, two very buff men held me down. No matter how much I struggled they held me tight. Vivian crouched on one of the tables on the far side of the room, she had people bring in random objects to through at me. A few of them I'd blocked but for the most part I was broken and beaten.

Vivian stood up, she pulled out a knife from behind her back and I watched as she bounced it in her palm, "Do you remember being stabbed while you were a vampire? I'm sure you didn't think much of it, it was like a mosquito bite right? You didn't even flinch," with each word she stepped closer, then she paused beside one of her goons. She studied her, the goon looking at me. Suddenly she flew the knife into her thigh. The goon gasped but then pulled the knife out like a splinter, I wished that I would pull the knife out that easily, " look how it heals," she laughed, "But you know what I love about this? What I really truly love? You had the balls to become human and break into my house. Then you send your boyfriend off, perhaps the only chance you actually had at living and come in here alone. And you let us string you like a banner."

Now she was right in my face, "I'm going to enjoy this."

I watched in silent horror as she studied the knife. I looked up at the celling, I stared at the lights as a sharp pain entered my stomach. I cried out, she slowly dug it in farther and I felt more sweat form on my forehead. God humanity is gross. Blood started to trickle down my leg, I watched as the vampires visibly drooled.

"Oh, I forgot about this part," Vivian sneered looking around the room, "Tell me now, how many vampires can you fight off with your hands behind your back?"

"Why don't you move closer and find out?" I grumbled, the words barely audible. I could feel my energy draining.

Vivian cackled, she turned back to me and stepped closer just like I asked and I took advantage of it. I kicked out, my knee and toe catching her chin and sending her backwards into the floor. I smiled in satisfaction as the goons beside me ran to help her and she screamed out at them. It was too late though, I was lose. I pulled the knife out of my stomach and threw it on the ground, as I looked up I came face to face with vampires coming at me from every angle.

** Ian's POV**

We were running through the halls when I felt the pain in my stomach, my head pounded as I thundered through it. We passed dead or unconscious vampires as we ran into the doorway, the fight already in full swing. The werewolves ran out around me, killing at least half the vampires at once. I ran to Sophie, she looked relieved to see me, but at the same time all I could stare at was the gash in her stomach, her shirt was damp with blood.

I growled, ripping off heads of vampires that got in my way. I reached Sophie and knocked her under me, standing over her and growling at anyone who came near.

"This is cute." Someone purred from behind me.

I spun around facing the red haired devil herself. I growled and snapped at her, she just laughed, "You know your loyal 'pack'? They may have done some extensive damage but if you'd take a look around wolf boy, you'd note that," she cleared her throat smiling wide," They puppies went home."

Sophie rolled out from under me, "He has nothing to do with this, you started this fight with me. Finish it with me."

Vivian smiled even wider, her fangs peaking out as they extended, "Then let's play tag. Your it."

Vivian sprinted around the room while Sophie stayed in one place. She watched the blur of red until finally her eyes met mine, they shined a beautiful human shine, "Go, fight the others if you stand here you're bait."

I nodded and ran at the other vampires, I got at least a good five of them but then there was ten more. They fought just as hard as I did, I scratched them they scratched me. I lost sight of Sophie too. Her and Vivian had gone through the door. I was surrounded. It was like they kept coming out of nowhere.

**Darrin's POV**

It was like the universe was spinning out of control. We could feel something happen, Brian and I both stopped and we turned around. We'd been in the ocean, taking a cruse. Sophie never said we couldn't enjoy ourselves. Regardless, as of now we're running full speed back to our house, back to Sophie. Just to make sure everything's okay. We flew threw the trees until finally we saw our home. Even then something stood in our way. A wolf, bulky and angry looking stepped out in front of us, followed by five others. We skidded to a stop.

The wolf changed into who I assumed was Ian's brother. He stepped up to us, "Where is he?"

"Who?" Brian and I asked in unison.

"My brother." The man growled

I shared a glance with Brian, if Ian's not here Sophie's not here. Before the wolves could do anything we spun around, noses to the wind until we caught an old scent. But we both already knew where she went.