Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Five

"Wren?!" I shouted as I turned the corner, Brian, Darrin and Ian on my heals.

I ripped my bedroom door off its hinges, running in the room and pulling up short, "Holy fuck." Ian whispered.

Holy fuck indeed. Wren had quiet the lungs on him. He stopped shrieking when we all walked in, his face was scary as hell. He had a massive scratch from his left eye to his right ear. He blinked, blood pouring out of the wound. Then he grabbed it and screamed again. Curling into a ball as liquid cascaded over him. Looking up I found Vivian on the roof, she dumped the content of the bucket on him then jumped down. Holding her ears as Wren screamed.

"You know I just came here to finish your meal. Get to know your little boyfriend here, and he screams! No wonder you didn't finish him. Kids a fucking scream-o-matic." She complained, walking over to me.

My brothers froze behind me, and Ian ran his finger across the spot where his scratch still lies. Somehow I knew he was encouraging me. I sprang forward, my fist catching Vivian under the jaw so she flew backwards. She hit the wall with a satisfying sound. And I heard Ian laughed behind me, but it was far from over. Wren stopped screaming as Brian and Darrin picked him up off the bed, carrying him out of the room. Vivian stood up, trying to run after him. I caught her again this time with my foot as I kicked her stomach, sending her back into the wall again.

"Leave him out of this." I snarled.

She coughed, "But where's the fun in that?"

She laughed as she disappeared, a blur as she ran behind me and grabbed Ian. I only figured it out as she pulled him backwards, shoving him out the door and closing it, then putting a book case in front of it. She turned to face me, fangs bared, eyes red.

"I don't need him to beat you." I hissed, moving towards her.

"I know, but you'll need him to live." She smiled.

She jumped. But I did too, meeting her about half way up I grabbed her throat and slammed her against the ground, again feeling satisfied by the sound. She hissed, biting into my wrist with everything she could, I pulled away. Watching it start to heal. She grabbed me by the throat in turn and slammed me into the ground, the floor beneath us threatening to crumble. I tried to bite her, something anything but my fangs refused to grow, refused to be useful as she threw me against the wall and pinned me by my neck. I felt pain through my spine as Ian growled on the other side of the door.

"Face it, you can't force your instinct away then bring it back again. To put it into simple terms Sophie you're screwed." Vivian laughed, "I've never had vampire blood before, but I hear its delicious," her eyes flashed, "but you see I like me blood shaken, not stirred."

She punched my stomach, each one making me cringe as she used her nails to poke hole in my stomach. The growls on the other side of the door got louder as she threw me into my bed, shattering the bed. She was powerful. I got up quick, catching her foot and whipping her against the wall, hoping it hurt like it should.

Pinning her against the wall as she should it was my turn to smile, "I think it's time for you to leave, dead or alive."

I threw her at the balcony doors but she caught her self and landed just in front of the balcony. She laughed and turned to face me whipping the blood of her chin.

"I'll be gone in," she checked the alarm clock that was somehow still intact, "five, four, three, two, bye."

She jumped into the forest as shrieked filled the house again.

"Sophie!" Darrin yelled from downstairs.

I turned to go get to the door but something caught my eye. A burning figure ran into the backyard, dropping and rolling but the flames wouldn't go out. My world started to dissolve as I realized who it was, Wren. The liquid she dumped on him, gasoline. I jumped out of the balcony and landed beside him. How could I be so stupid? She was distracting me so I wouldn't notice. How the fuck didn't I notice? He cried, still trying to roll on the ground.

"Grab him, we'll dunk him in the pool!" Brian yelled.

I shook my head, falling to my knees, "He's to far burnt, if you did he would only die from blood loss."

My brothers both walked to the pool anyways. Silent tears rolled down my cheeks. I couldn't help him, it's not that I didn't try. I was trying to take the pain away somehow, anyway but he'd turn away or roll away from me. Leaving me speechless. I didn't do this, I didn't want this. I don't want him hurt. I don't want him dead, oh god what if he dies? I looked back at him, sobs taking away my breath as he screamed, his tears visible through the flames.

"Where's the water?!" I screamed, running over to him. At least we can put him out of pain.

He shied away from me again, moving against one of the trees and I erupted in flames. He screamed again, I wanted to hug him. To do something anything. I felt so goddamn useless. Brian ran in, his bucket liking water as he walked, he dumped it on Wren, on his midsection. Wren shrieked, and I sobbed, falling all over myself to get to his hand. I grabbed it softly at first but he squeezed it, I could only think of what his pain was like. I felt Ian watching, he just stood there like a decoration as Wren screamed and cried from the water.

When it was all said and done, when the water stopped coming I moved to him. He looked terrible. The wound on his face was yellow, leaking liquids as was the rest of his body. Placing both my hands on either sides of his cheeks, I cried, my tears mixing with his blood. His hand whipped across my face, taking away the tears. I smiled down at him, it took so much effort. Taking the hand on my face in my hand I felt his pulse. Somehow it was so strong.

I brought my wrist to my mouth, opening a cut with my fangs. I could save him! He could be like us, he didn't have an issue with me right? He could live with it, he could live. I pressed my wrist against him, he pulled away, gasping from the agony it caused him. My heart shattered.

"I'm so sorry." I cried, falling into his chest.

He shook his head, he couldn't even speak.

I looked back up at him, meeting his eyes full on, "I love you."

He smiled to himself, looking away from me then looking back again. He smile faded, "No you don't."

His pulse stopped, just like that. He gasped, blood coming out of his mouth as he convulsed the went still. Everything seemed to slow down, I was struggling to open the cut on my wrist wider, I could still save him. It was possible. I pressed it against all of his wounds, please heal, please,heal. Nothing, he stayed limp. His eyes wide and taking on a weird foggy hue.

"No!" I screamed, tears running down my cheeks.

"Sophie, Sophie, he's gone." Ian grabbed me from behind. Pulling me backwards into him.

"No! I can- I can save him!" I cried, trying to be tout of his grasp and knocking him to the ground in the process.

He made an oomph sound as he struggled to keep his hold on me, "you can't Sophie. Sophie you can't!" He yelled back as I struggled still.

"No, I can. Please just, please." I broke, my whole body collapsing, giving up as he sat with me curled in between his legs.

Sobs shook my body, I couldn't control it. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't hear, I couldn't smell. I could only see Ian's blue shirt and Wren screaming and crying out over and over. I could've saved him. I could've stopped it.

"It's all my fault." I whispered.

"No, no it never will be. You can replay it how ever many times you want, I think Vivian would've got her way anyway." Ian mumbled into my neck.

The tears stopped for a second and I pulled away from Ian, "Promise me something?"

"Anything."

"Help me kill her."

Ian nodded, pulling me back into him. I wasn't crying anymore though. My thoughts still lingered on Wren, yeah. But this time I was thinking of ways to punish Vivian, to make her death ten times worse than burning. She will beg me to be burnt to death. She'll scream and cry for days instead of hours. She won't get off easy, not like last time. I wanted her head on a mantel, no not on a mantel I wanted her unrecognizable, I wanted her completely destroyed.

I heard Darrin and Brian pick up Wren's body and I cringed, feeling Ian's arms tighten around me. I wasn't going to kill Vivian for my own pleasure, I was killing her for Wren. Revenge, in its sweetest form.