Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Nine

I was surprised no one came upstairs and noticed the two of us. I mean we were practically sitting ducks. Vivian could've attacked us right there and then. But that's not how she plays her stupid game. So we came up with a decent plan, I had one bag of blood left after at least a good five hours locked in this room. When, finally, the shift change came we watched as the guy discovered his dead friend, then he looked at us.

"What the hell happened here?!" He yelled.

"Unlock us and we'll show you." Ian growled.

I held up the blood, "Unlock the door."

"Yeah, like I'll fall for that."He scowled at me and Ian growled again.

I passed the blood bag back to Ian and he ripped it open with his teeth, "Are you sure?"

His eyes went visibly huge when the smell of the blood hit his nose. Then like a mouse to cheese he walked to the door of the cell. I watched as he fought with himself, the animal and the human. His hand shook as he unlocked the door. I smiled at him and smeared the blood on the wall inside the cell. I didn't have to kill him, I just need him out of my way. The less blood on my hands the better.

"Come on." I urged Ian out of the cage and locked it behind us.

Ian smiled at me and handed me the key from the lock, which I slipped into my pocket. I still had the open blood bag in my hand, so as we went I dabbed it here and there, it blocked our smell. Sure it attracted some vampires but they got to distracted to care.

Our only issue now is we didn't know where to go. We didn't have a plan, we were just wandering. I was scared to open a door, what if behind that door was like a army or something? Something we both weren't ready for. But we both knew the longer we stayed in the halls, the more real danger was. The more likely it was that a smart goon if Vivian's was going to come down and not care much for the bag of blood in my hand. I smeared out the last of it onto my tongue and dropped the bag as Ian ran forward and opened a door.

I cringed as I pictured something attacking him, but he seemed fine as he gestured for me to come inside. I followed him in the room, which resembled a home theatre. I shivered as the cold air gushed from the vents and Ian closed the door behind us, wrapping his warm arms around my waist. Before I knew it we are both laying on the couch side-by-side, just taking in the fact that we are here with each other. I couldn't believe I'd found him. And from the look on his face, he was thinking the same thing.

Ian broke the silence first, "I have an idea."

"Shoot." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I can call in a favour from some.... Wolves. But I need you to distract Vivian so she won't see me go." He answered really quickly like I'd yell at him for saying it.

"Okay, I don't know how long I can hold her though." I admitted.

"I'll be fast I promise." He assured me, shifting our position so he could sit up and look down at me.

I moved myself so my head was on his lap and he smiled, his hands stroking strands of my hair, "Are you sure this will work?"

He kissed my forehead, "Positive."

I nodded at the door, "Go."

"What are you going to do?" He asked as he stood, pulling me up with him. I felt like we could just sit here, like we should just sit here. I mean if they never found us and we just stayed it wouldn't be that bad. The black leather couch was comfy.

"I'm going to play a game," I smiled as an idea formed in my head, "You have a ten second head start. be quiet, be quick and don't turn around. No matter what."