Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Nine

Ian woke up in my arms, I didn't even get up to watch the sunset. All I could do was bask in the warmth of his humanity, or werewolfity. Whatever it is its amazing. Ten times better than any blood rush. He woke in a start, jumping out of my arms and onto the floor. I gasped and stared at him then watched as he slowly shut me out again. I could see it in his face. The slow change of fear to regret, then he was blank faced.

"Don't." I whispered, but he turned and walked out the doorway.

I wanted him to stay, my mind begged him to, begged me to case after him. I watched as the door closed slowly, leaving me trapped with myself. And I just couldn't bare to go through this again. I flung the door open, practically ripping it off is hinges as I ran down the hall. Ian didn't even stop as I ran after him, getting frustrated I pinned him against the wall just before he turned the corner. He didn't even gasp as I pinned him against the wall, nothing. I pressed my lips against his, ever so lightly. Just hoping he would kiss back.

He didn't, but he didn't push me away either. It was like kissing a dead body, he was still. Emotionless. A single tear spilled down my cheek and I pushed myself away and walked back down the hall. I whipped the tear away with the back of my hand. If my brothers see it they'll go ballistic. I heard Ian's door slam, and I repeated the gesture with my own. After slamming my bedroom door I ran to the balcony, ripping over the doors and jumping over the wall and off the balcony in one leap.

I ran through the forest, I don't even know why I started running but each step got me farther away from Ian. Each lunge forward made some of the pain bubbles in my stomach pop. I finally stopped at the end of our territory, falling against a tree I gave in. I cried as the sun beat down on my legs. I ignored the stinging, it didn't matter. My head pounded. Tears hit my shirt, tears hit my checks, tears hit everything. I was drowning in them.

"Need to talk?" A voice asked above me, leaning against the tree.

I looked up, "Who are you?"

"Jack." He answered. He leaned against a tree on the opposite side of the of my territory.

I studied his face, now I remembered him. Ian's friend, "Why would I want to talk to you?"

I started to walk the territory line and he followed, "I know Ian."

"What does that have to do with anything?" I quizzed him.

"I can tell you why he's being a douche. I've seen him do it to girls all the time."

I stopped walking, "You've got my attention."

"It's his classic separating move. He does it to distance himself from you. He thinks that somehow he'll end up hurting you, of you'll end up hurting him. Either way you can't let him distance himself. You have to make him realize he can't." Jack explained.

"How?" I wondered.

"Ignore him back." Jack smiled.

"How does that make any sense?" I sighed

"All the girls he's done this too make the mistake of getting close to him and basically just pissing him off more. So don't bother with him. Trust me. It'll work." He explained again.

"I don't know." I mumbled. What if he was setting me up?

"Trust me." He insisted.

"If this doesn't work I swear-"

"I know, you'll seriously maim or injure me." He smirked.

I nodded and spun on my heal, now I just wanted to go home. I want to wrap myself up in my blankets and watch some goofy movie or drink hot chocolate or something. Anything that would get my mind away from Ian. I needed to distance myself right? Jack left just as quickly as I did. I wonder what the punishment is for talking to us, if there is one of course. I don't even know why Matt has to be such a dick about all that's happening. If he took a second maybe he'd be like 'hey if I just let my brother be with his mate things wouldn't be so bad.' Then all we'd have to worry about is Vivian. Stupid Vivian. She's probably following me right now, wouldn't even doubt it.

I heard a branch snap and spun around, almost instantly getting defensive. My eyes scanned the entire forest behind me, no one. But she was here, I could feel her. And she was getting careless. Something stepped up beside me, I slowly turned my head. Darrin. I let out a sigh of relief as he smiled down at me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. We didn't need to speak as he lead me back into the house. Then as soon as I was in the door a warm blanket appeared around my shoulders. Brian smiled at me from the other side and I practically beamed with happiness. This was one of those siblings moments where you can't help but love family.

They lead me over to the couch and sat on either side of me as Cassie placed a cup of hot chocolate in my hand. I smiled up at her, it's been so long. After everything I've forgotten to talk to her in the halls or even notice when Brian had her over. Gosh I feel like a jerk. Darrin absent mindedly flicked channels on the tv as I contemplated what was going on. I need a day like this. Where my I knew I was safe and I could really step back and look at whats going on. Brian noticed me thinking. He nudged my shoulder and did a puppy dog face when I looked up.

"Whatcha thinking bout?" Darrin asked from the other side.

"Life." I said blankly.

"No seriously." Brian smirked at me. He was trying to make a undead joke or something. Who cares it's Brian.

"Do you love me?" I asked them

"Sometimes." They said in unison.

I fake gasped, "What?"

"What what?" Brian chuckled

"You're supposed to love me!" I pouted.

"I love you!" Cassie sing-songed from the love seat beside us.

"Wanna elope?" I smirked.

She put a hand up beside one side of her face so Brian wouldn't hear and leaned forward, "He might get jealous."

I laughed, "He always is."

Brian huffed from beside me, "Seriously, Sophie whats going on?"

"Yeha, what was that whole hallway tackle kiss thing. Or did you forget we live in the house too?" Darrin poked me.

"I'm not talking to him right now," I pointed at the stairs, "But that's not what I'm thinking about."

"You're thinking about Vivian?" Cassie tried.

I nodded, "How do you feel about a vacation?"

"Why?" Brian mumbled.

"I need you guys to get out of the house for a week or so. I don't want you getting hurt. If Ian and I are the only ones here she won't concern herself with you two."

They looked at me with extreme poker faces. It was soon becoming clear that they weren't happy with the concept of change. I sighed and pulled the blanket up higher. I waited out the silence for a good ten minutes as Cassie and Brian stared at each other and Darrin played with his thumbs.

"Please?" I pried.

"Are you sure it will help?" Darrin asked.

"Positive." I nodded.

"I'll go where Brian goes." Cassie smiled.

"Me too." Darrin smirked and batted his eyelashes at our brother.

I laughed and looked at Brian, he sighed, "Fine. But we're going somewhere fun like Universal or something. Just so you'll be jealous."

I scoffed, "I practically invented Universal."

With those being my last words I got up off the couch and nodded my thanks to all three of them, I need to plan for whatever hell was coming this way. Vivian would bring the thunder, but I have lightning.