Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Eight

I haven't talked to Ian in three days. My stomach twinges with little pins of remorse every time he looks at me. It's my fault for making him come rescue me, I should've listened. It seems like we're back at base one. He goes out of his way to get away from me whenever were in the same room. It's depressing. Depressing enough to keep me locked up in my room where I wouldn't have to face it. But now it's seemed to take a bittersweet taste.

Darrin hasn't been seen since the incident either. He mostly stays in his room. From the couple times I've snuck out of my hell to visit his I can only assume that he feels badly about not being bale to protect me. He tried. He just wasn't strong enough. None of us were. Fighting werewolves is a whole new territory. Really no one could be blamed for anything that happened but me, and the feeling of letting everybody down sucked.

My door swung open and Ian glared at me, if his eyes could burn holes in me, I'd look like cheese. He dropped a piece of paper on the ground in front of my bed, "We need to talk."

I swung my legs over the bed and grabbed the paper just as he closed the door behind himself. My stomach bubbled with excitement, I mean after all he was speaking to me! I couldn't help it! The paper in my hands caught my attention, it said my name but I could tell that Ian had already opened it. I unfolded it anyways, staring at the beautiful cursive letters on the paper I read it carefully.

'Dear Sophie,

That display at the cottages was quite the show. Of course I don't know if you had the view that I did. Your little puppy is keeping something from you, should've trained him better. It's a shame that I can see you so easily from my home. Yet your eyes haven't seen the likes of me. So just to keep the game going let me give you a hint, and a present.

Your move, Vivian.'

Attached at the bottom of the page was a CD case and a post card picture. The picture itself was useless, it was a forest with tall birch trees and tiny purple flowers. There had to be at least fifty different forests like that. I sighed and moved on to the CD I pulled the silver disc out of its case and looked at it for a second. It was labeled 'secrets' in Vivian's writing. I moved over to my TV and turned on the DVD player, Ian grabbed my elbow before I could put it in.

"I don't know what's on there." He growled.

"What do you have to hide?" I asked him, studying his face. He looked like he hasn't slept in months, his eyes were hollow and his mouth dry.

"Just keep in mind that she's trying to get us against each other." He sighed sitting on the love seat.

"You're doing a pretty good job of that on your own." I whispered pushing the DVD inside the player.

Static engulfed the TV as a little box popped up and demanded a code. I rolled my eyes at the screen, only Vivian. Ian huffed from behind me and I turned to face him, raising my eyebrow.

"Have any idea what it is?" I asked him.

"No, it's probably some stupid thing like once you find out where she is, she'll give you the password." He groaned, rolling his eyes.

"Or where she is, is the code." I smiled.

"Where is she then?" He retorted, poking a hole in my solution

"Why don't you tell me what you did? What she's trying to use against us?" I shot back, crossing my arms defensively.

"Why are you so stubborn?" He groaned

"Why are you avoiding my question? What could you have possibly done?" I wondered

"Nothing!" Ian stormed.