41|Daniel

I love watching wdw behind the scenes of their music videos 😂

~

Daniels POV

"Your girls going on soon." Corbyn told me as he nudged my arm. I tried to hide the smile on my face as I quickly snuck back stage. I saw her nervously pacing back and forth. She was no longer wearing her outfit from before. She had on her ballet shoes and she was wearing a pink flowy sparkling dress.

"Your going to do amazing." I say softly. She was surprised it was me as she turned around to look at me. "What are you doing back here?" She asks me softly.

"I'm going to watch you perform from the sides." I say in an excited tone. "You don't have to." She says as she nervously plays with her fingers.

"But I want to and if you need anything I'll be right here." I reassure her. She nods her head as she rolls her ankles around. The announcer yelled her name. "Good luck." I tell her as I gently nudge her forward.

She looks back at me nervously and I give her a thumbs up. The lights dimmed and she got in her position. A soft song started playing and she moved her body to the music. The crowd had gone silent as we all were mesmerized by her dancing. She did what seemed like a million turns in a row. The crowd started cheering for her and I yelled with them. The beat dropped and she started doing a hip pop dance as the crowd started screaming. I just watched her in awe. She was so good at dancing. She did a back flip causing my entire body to flinch. She landed it causing the crowd to scream and me to release the breath that I was unintentionally holding. She hit her end pose causing the crowd to applaud loudly. She smiled and waved and quickly ran off the stage. She ran into my arms.

"You were amazing." I tell her as I hold her tightly. She was trying to catch her breath as I squeezed her. "That was insane." She says as I feel her body shaking.

"Next time I'm bringing you out there to dance with me." She says with a mischievous grin on her face. "Nope. I will never dance on stage." I say as I shake my head.

"You dance with the guys during your songs." She replies sharply. "Yeah but that's small movements and like just jumping up and down. That's not really dancing." I tell her as we start to walk away from backstage.

I see the other guys chilling in the green room. "The crowd is insane!" Mia tells them as she sits next to Corbyn on the couch. "She killed it." I tell them as I sit on the other side of her.

"You guys are on in thirty!" Our stage manager tells us. "I can't wait to watch." Mia says in an excited tone. Everyone was scrolling through their phones while Zach was trying to flip his water bottle and land it. I anxiously tapped my foot on the ground. I just wanted to be able to perform already. My mind started racing as I remembered the size of the crowd. There were a lot of people here. What if they didn't like how we sounded live? What if they didn't cheer for us? What if the mics didn't work? There were so many things that could go wrong. I started to feel hot as a million worries raced through my mind.

"Hey are you alright?" Mia asked me softly. "I have to go the bathroom." I said as I quickly got up.

I tried to calm myself down as I headed to the bathroom but nothing was working. My vision was blurry as I closed the bathroom door. I felt like I could no longer breathe as I looked around the bathroom. I saw my reflection in the mirror and tried to take deep breaths. "Pull yourself together." I told myself as I ran a hand through my hair.

My stomach started to hurt as I sat down on the bathroom floor. I'd performed for big crowds before, what the hell is wrong with me? "Daniel?" I heard Mia yell interrupting my thoughts. "Uh yeah." I say as my voice cracks.

"Are you alright?" She asks me softly. "Yeah I'm all good." I say but my voice wasn't very believable.

"Can I come in?" She asks me softly. I don't respond as I keep my eyes on the ground. I hear the door open as she walks in. "Hey what's wrong?" She asks me as concern entered her voice.

I couldn't seem to form words as I shook my head and tears starting falling down my face. "Hey...hey it's okay. I got you." She told me as she knelt beside me. She pulled me into her embrace and held onto me tightly. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" She asks me softly.

"I....I... can't.... c...cal...m d..d..down." I stutter as my body continues to shake. "I think your having a panic attack." She says softly as she lifts my head up.

My arms cling onto her as I try and calm down. "This may sound silly but lay down on the ground on your back." She tells me softly. I lay down on the ground as my body continues to shake. I feel more tears stream down my face as I feel like I can no longer breathe. "Close your eyes. We are going to take some deep breaths together okay... 1.. 2..3.. breathe in....and breathe out. Again... breathe... in and breathe out..." She repeats to me.

I listen to her as I take deep breaths. I feel my body start to no longer shake but my head was still filled with a million worries. "Keep your eyes closed. I want you to picture the most peaceful place you can think of. Think about what it looks like. Focus on everything you can see. Focus on what you can touch. Now focus on what you can smell. Are you alone? Is there anyone there with you." She tells me.

I picture my peaceful place and I picture her right beside me. My thoughts seemed to stop as I focused on this perfect place. "You can stay there for as long as you need." She tells me softly. I gently open my eyes and look over at her. Everything seemed less blurry and everything seemed more relaxed.

"Thank you...how did you know how..?" I ask her softly. "I use to get panic attacks when I was little." She replies softly.

"I'm sorry that you had to see that. I don't know what happened. That's so embarrassing." I mumble as I look up at her. "Daniel. It's not embarrassing. Everyone has those moments and I'm happy I could help you." She says softly as she wipes away my tears.

I had never cried in front of anyone else before. Growing up if you were a boy and you cried you were seen as weak. She made me feel so safe. Like I could be broken and she wouldn't judge me.

___________________________
Ugh stop I love them sm 🥺 also i use those techniques for my anxiety attacks I know it doesn't work for everyone but I used it for the story 🥰