39|Daniel

I'm in my schools musical and we have a performance tonight

~

Daniels POV

"I've never been so nervous for a concert before." I mumble as I start to do my hair in the mirror. "You are nervous cause your girlllllllllfriendddddddd is coming to the show." Corbyn says playfully as he walks past me.

"Did he tell you about how he kissed her?" Jonah yelled from the other room. "Damm...my boys got moves." Corbyn says playfully as he looks over at me.

"He left out the part where we didn't say anything after and it got super awkward." I say softly. "That's the Daniel we know and love." Corbyn says sarcastically causing me to roll my eyes.

"Believe me I wanted to tell her how I feel but I couldn't seem to form words." I stutter as I continue to do my hair. "All you have to do is say ... hey I like you as more than a friend." Corbyn says softly.

"You don't understand how hard it is. I really want to tell her but when the perfect moment is practically laid into my hands I freeze up." I mumble in defeat. "Why don't you tell her tonight after the concert?" Corbyn asks me in an excited tone.

"If she says no then I have to go on an entire tour with the girl who rejected me." I say softly. "Looks like you are never gonna tell her how you feel. Maybe by then she'll be married to someone else and have kids." Corbyn says sarcastically as he looks over my shoulder.

I shove him away from me as I roll my eyes. "I will tell her.... just not tonight." I mumble. "Daniels going to be single forever! Daniels going to single forever!" Corbyn and Zach start changing.

"Shut up!" I yell as I sigh in frustration. They don't understand that by confessing my feelings I could be destroying a great relationship I built. "Oooo your girlfriends calling." Jack said playfully as he held my phone in his hand.

I yanked it from his hand and picked up the phone. "Hey what's up?" I ask her softly. The guys all make kissy noises causing me to flick them off. "I was just wondering if you are excited for the show?" She asks me softly.

"Yeah I'm super excited especially since you are gonna be there." I reply softly. "Oooo smooth mother..." Zach begins to say but I glare at him causing him to shut up.

"What time is the practice run and mic check?" She asks me. "12:30." I tell her.

"I guess I'll see you later today for mic check." She says to me through the phone. "Can't wait." I say as I hang up.

"Ohhhhhhhh... Daniel... I can't wait to make love to you tonight." Zach says in a girly voice causing me to shove his head. Later that day we all headed to the arena to do sound check. We got our mic packs on and started rehearsing when my eyes landed on Mia walking into the arena. I quickly walked to the edge of the stage and engulfed her in a hug.

"Hey Seavey." She says softly. I take in her sweet scent before I let her go. "They are gonna play your song and you can just practice." I tell her. She climbs up on the stage as I notice all the guys looking at her.

"Let's get off the stage." I tell the guys. We all get off of the stage and sit in the front row. Mia looks nervous as she looks around the stage. Crap! The realization of where we are hits next. How could I forget this is the exact stage she broke her back?

"Hey if you need a second.... we have time." I say softly as I walk closer to the stage. "Yea.. I think I'm just nervous." She says softly as she sits on the edge of the stage.

I rub my hands up and down her legs as I try to calm her down. "You have every right to be nervous but you are amazing and you are going to do great." I say as I give her a soft smile.

"Thanks. It's just my first time performing since the incident and I don't want anything bad to happen again. This stage just brings back horrible memories." She says nervously as she plays with her fingers. I grab her hand causing her to look up at me. She stares into my eyes as she takes a deep breath. "Nothing bad is going to happen. I'm going to be cheering you on from the side the entire time." I say softly as I giver her hand a gentle squeeze.

She nods her head as she gets up. The music starts and she goes through her routine but she marks all the flips and jumps. When she was done she watched us do our sound checks. I loved seeing her laugh whenever I made a joke or smile every time I sang.

____________________________
I just had cereal 😀