35|Daniel

The snippet of falling that we got 😱

~

Daniels POV

"Did she say she was coming?" Corbyn asks me softly. I was impatiently waiting by the door of our friends house for Mia to arrive.

"Yeah." I reply softly as I look down the street. "You can wait for her inside and get a drink or something." Corbyn says as a small laugh leaves his lips.

"I don't mind waiting here." I say as I lean against the door frame. "You are so whipped for her." Corbyn says as he nudges my shoulder.

I roll my eyes as I try not to smile. Corbyn walks back inside leaving me alone with my thoughts. She makes me so happy and I like her a lot. I just don't know how to tell her and I don't want to ruin what we have.

"Hey there stranger." Mia says scaring the crap out of me. "You startled me." I say as I grab my chest as I take a deep breath.

"Oops." She says as an adorable laugh leaves her mouth. I then take in her appearance. She had her brown hair down and she was wearing a green summery dress. "You look cute." I say causing her cheeks to flush a dark shade of pink.

I loved how nervous she got every time I complimented her. "Ready?" I ask her as I grab her hand. She nods as I lead her inside. There wasn't too many people at the party but there was a pretty good amount. I knew pretty much everyone there as I waved at all of them. "Hows the ankle?" I ask Mia over the loud music playing as I smile down at her.

"It's fine." She mumbles as I can tell she's lying. "Come on....don't lie to me." I say softly.

"How do you know every time I'm lying?" She mumbles in defeat. "I can read your mind." I say sarcastically causing her to roll her eyes.

"It still hurts but I promise Dani... I'm fine." She says sharply as she looks into my eyes. I raise my eyebrow at her as I still am not convinced. "Hey bro. Who's this?" Eben asks me as he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"This is my friend Mia." I say as she smiles at him. They both greet each other. "She's cute and you look good together." Eben whispers to me before he walks away.

"Are you thirsty because I'm parched?" I ask Mia playfully. "Never say parched again and yes I am." She says as she laughs at how stupid I am.

"I'll be right back." I say as I let go of her hand. I quickly walk into the kitchen and grab two red solo cups. I pour our drinks and then quickly head back to Mia. I smile as I walk over to her but my smile soon falls. She was talking to some random guy and she seemed pretty upset.

"Hey what's going on." I ask as I wrap my arm protectively around her waist. "He was just leaving." Mia mumbles as she runs a hand through her hair.

"I wasn't finished talking to my old pal." The guy slurs as he looks her up and down. "Do you know this guy?" I ask Mia as I give her a confused look.

She sighs as her eyes meet mine. "Yeah we dated a couple years ago." She mumbles as she moves her eyes to the ground. "Yeah but I broke up with her because she's a bitch and a slut and...." before he can finish I punch him in the face.

"Don't ever talk about her like that again." I say sharply as I glare at him. He stumbles backwards as Mia gasps. I usually don't get angry but this guy started talking about Mia and I couldn't hold back. I shake out my hand as I see drops of blood on it. He grabbed his nose as he looked at me in anger. He started running at me but I quickly moved out of the way causing him to run right into the counter. Now everyone was looking at him because of the loud noises.

"Drew just leave!" Mia yells as he stands up. "I'll show you to the door." Jonah says as he grabs his shirt and drags him away.

I look over at Mia and make sure she is okay. She looks like she is in shock. "Are you.." I begin to ask her but she interrupts me by wrapping her arms around my neck. "Thank you." She says softly.

I wrap my arms around her and return the hug. "No problem. I hated the way he talked about you." I mumble as I pull away from the hug. "Yeah... I regret ever liking him." She mumbles as she sighs.

"I didn't know you had that in you." She says softly. "I don't usually get angry but he's a asshole...plus it was about you." I say softly

"You need a drink?" I ask her as I hand her the red solo cup. "Yeah." She says as she smiles at me.

We link our arms together and chug our drinks. We both laugh as we feel the alcohol enter our bodies. "There's a trampoline in the back yard." I say in an excited tone.

A huge smile lands on her face as she nods her head. I grab her hand and quickly lead her to the backyard. There were only a couple people talking outside but the trampoline was empty. We both got excited and climbed on the trampoline like little children. I loved how she did fun things with me no matter what.

______________________________
Protective Daniel >>>>>>