6| Mia

I started watching vampire diaries and it is very good

~

Mias POV

I was awoken by a sharp pain in my back. I groaned in pain as I rolled over to find another body next to me.

"You alright." Daniel asked me. I nodded as I sat up. More pain went through my back and I groaned again. I felt Daniels arms still around my waist.

"I'm sorry about your back." Daniel whispered softly. I felt him rubbing my back through the brace. "Thanks for helping me sleep." I say as I look at him. His blue eyes mesmerized me.

"Miss Mia! I am here to check on you." Gina yells as she enters the room. I look away from Daniels eyes and turn my gaze to her. "Oh. Hello." Gina says as she sees Daniel. "I just gotta give her a quick check up and then I'll leave you too alone." Gina says as she walks over to my bed.

Daniel slides out of the bed and sits in the chair beside my bed. "Can you curl your toes for me?" Gina asked me. I tried as I hard as I could but I couldn't move my toes. I got frustrated with myself as I tried harder and harder but I couldn't move them. "Why can't I move them?" I yell in frustration as I give up.

"The damage in your back may have caused some temporary paralysis." Gina says calmly to me. "Temporary. So it will go away?" I ask her. "We don't know for sure." She says back. I look over at Daniel and his face was painted with concern.

I run a hand aggressively through my hair. What if I'm never able to walk again? My life is over! "Hey it's okay." Daniel whispers as he sits next to me. He holds me in his arms. "Gina can I talk to you outside?" Daniel asks her. He let's go of me and walks out the door.

Why would he need to talk to her? I wait for about 5 minutes and they still don't come back into the room. I grab my phone in order to distract myself  from the fact that my life was blowing up. I saw that Daniel followed me and I stalked his Instagram. He had a check mark. Was he some sort of celebrity? I have to ask him. I scan through his photos and dang he is very hot. Why would a hot celebrity come see me? Maybe I am some charity case to him. But he doesn't seem like that kinda guy though.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door being opened. Daniel had a stupid grin on his face as he pushed in a wheel chair. "You must feel so drained being cooped up in here all day." He says with a smile. I feel a smile form on my face.

"You are such a dork Daniel Seavey." I say jokingly. I try and get up from my bed and then realize I can't move my legs. "I got you." Daniel says as he comes over to me. He picks my body up gently and sets me in the wheelchair. He treats me like a little fragile doll and I can't help but love him for it. I mean like... like him for it.

"Where we going Seavey?" I ask him as I look up at him. "Outside." He says with a smile. Why is he so adorable? Why do I keep feeling weird around him?

He pushes me into the hallway. He pushes me to a door that leads outside. There is a small garden right outside the hospital and he pushes me to it. "Wow this is beautiful." I say as I take everything in. "You are beautiful. I mean... yea... the umm garden... beautiful. That's what I said." Daniel stutters as his face gets red. Did he just call me beautiful? I feel butterflies in my stomach as I look at him. He pushes me near a bench. He sits on the bench right across from my wheel chair. It felt so good to be outside rather than being cooped up in a room without moving.

"Daniel. I know nothing about you. And I noticed you have a check mark on Instagram. So Daniel, Tell me things about yourself." I say as I stare at him. His eyes and blonde hair were glowing in this light and I could feel myself falling for him.

"Okay. So I am in a boy band called why don't we. We travel the world and perform. We are on a break right now. I love music it's been apart of my life for as long as I can remember. I have 3 siblings. 2 brothers and a sister. I love my family more than anything. My parents have supported me in everything I do. I am from Vancouver Washington. My hair is naturally brown but I dye it cause I can't make up my mind." Daniel says as I listen intently.

"Wow. A singer. You will have to sing for me sometime." I say with a grin. "Now I wanna know everything about you." He says as he stares at me.

"So obviously I love to dance. It's been my whole life since I was three. Dancing was always a way for me to express myself and let go of all my emotions. It was an escape from my parents fighting. I have no siblings. My parents don't approve of my dancing and basically disowned me when I joined dance world. I am from Dallas Texas. Random fact I umm.. sometimes just lay in my grass and watch the trees move because it calms me down." I say as Daniel watches me.

"I'm sorry about your parents." He says softly. "I've never told anyone that much about myself. I don't let a lot of people in. I don't even know why I'm letting you in. I guess you just make me feel safe." I say as I don't even know the words coming out of my mouth.

"I'm glad I make you feel safe. You can tell me anything you want. Something I've never told anyone else before is that I feel guilty. Like guilty about things I can't control. When something bad happens I blame myself." He whispers slowly as he stares at the ground.

"Is that why you helped me? You felt guilty?" I ask him. "No. I just felt something when I saw you dance." He says as he looks up at me. "It's weird. We just met and I told you something my own family doesn't even know." Daniel says as he chuckles. "I guess I feel safe with you too." He says to me.

"You shouldn't feel guilty for things you can't control. Not everything is your fault daniel." I say as he nods slowly. Something I've never told anyone before is that the  real reason why I watch the trees is to try and silence my mind. My mind is constantly yelling at me that I'm not good enough. That I suck at dancing and that everyone hates me. That my own parents don't even want me. But when I'm with you for some reason my mind gets quiet and stops yelling at me." I say softly as I look into his eyes.

"You are good enough. You are an insane dancer and it's your parents loss because you are amazing." He says as he grabs my hand.

He opened up to me and I opened up to him. I feel like I can trust him. He cares about me like no one else ever has. I think I'm starting to fall in love with him but I don't know how he feels. Maybe he just sees me as a friend. All I know is that he makes me feel happy and like I am enough.

________________________________
This part got deep oooopss 🥺