37|Daniel

"I can feel the rush of adrenaline I'm not scared to jump if you want to"

~

Daniels POV

"Dude. Why can't you just call it a date?" Corbyn asks me in disbelief. "Because we do stuff like this all time and we are just friends." I tell him as I grab my car keys.

"But don't you want to be something more?" Corbyn asks me sharply. I sigh as I turn to look at him. "Yes but I don't wanna rush anything." I say softly.

"Bro it's been like seven months since you have known her. Tell her how you feel already." Corbyn says sharply. "It's not that simple." I mumble.

"Even if you tell her how you feel and she doesn't feel the same you won't lose her as a friend. She's way to cool to make something like that a big deal." Corbyn says softly.

"I know but I guess if I never ask her then I won't get rejected." I say softly. "You can't let that fear hold you back. What if she likes you back?" Corbyn asks me softly.

I nod my head as I agree with him. "Yeah okay.... I'll tell her how I feel today." I say as I get excited. "You said that last week....but I have faith in you." Corbyn says as he pats my shoulder.

I walk out of the house and get into my car. It was pretty early and I was going to pick Mia up from her apartment. I arrived at her apartment  and texted her that I was there. I watched as she walked out of her apartment and my breath got caught in my throat. She looked so adorable. She was wearing her hair in two braids and she had a white shirt on with overalls over it.

"Hey Dani boy." She says playfully as she gets into the car. I try and speak but I can't seem to find words as I stare at her. "Are you okay?" She asks me softly.

"Yeah... I was just uhh... zoning out." I stutter as I look away from her. "Where are we going to go today?" She asks me in an excited tone.

"Well since you act like a child I thought the zoo would be fitting." I say playfully causing her to roll her eyes. "You are the one who acts like a child." She replies in a sassy tone.

"Watch that tone missy." I say sarcastically as I turn on the radio. The second she hears the song she starts screaming the lyrics. I laugh as I look over at her and smile. I keep one hand on the steering wheel and place the other on her thigh. I see her cheeks flush a light shade of pink as she looks over at me. I pretend like I don't notice and keep my eyes on the road.

We arrive at the zoo and we both quickly get out of the car. "Oooo. Can you get a picture of me right here?" Mia asks in an excited tone. "Of course." I say as she hands me her phone.

I take pictures of her as she does different poses. "Yes. Work it queen. Get it! Oh she's beautiful!" I yell as I hype her up. She laughs at how dumb I am as I take more pictures. "We love a supportive boyfriend." Some random girl tells us as she walks by.

"Thanks." I reply as I look over at her. "Can I look at the pictures?" Mia asks me.

"No." I say playfully as I hold the phone over her head. She sighs as she jumps up but is to short to reach it. I pretend to yawn causing her to smack my arm. "Ouch." I say as I pretend to be hurt.