4| Mia

I actually have never broken my back or legs so if I get that stuff wrong just go with it I searched up some things but who knows what breaking your back feels like 😂

~

Mias POV

I stared at the ceiling as I felt small tears fall down my face. I felt stupid and in pain. How could I fall? Pain shot through my back as I laid there. The worse part was that the doctor didn't know if I was even going to be able to walk again. Which meant I probably had no chance of ever dancing again. My whole life is over. My thoughts were interrupted by the door being slowly opened. I wiped away my tears quickly and turned my head towards the door.

"I told you nurse Gina. I am fine. I don't need pudding!" I yell expecting to see the blonde nurse. Instead my eyes gazed upon a blonde haired boy. He had stunning blue eyes and he was holding flowers in his hand. He looked very nervous. I felt like I recognized him. He was very attractive and I was very confused why he was here.

"Do you have the wrong room?" I ask him as I study him. Why does he look familiar? "Uh.. no.. I am umm here to see you." He stuttered out.

Then it clicked.
He was front row at my show. My eyes widen and my jaw dropped. "You were at my show." I say to him. He runs a hand through his hair awkwardly. "Yeah." He replies. I look at the flowers and card in his hand. Why was he here? Visiting me of all people.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. "I was just worried about you." He says slowly. I laugh as he watches me closely. "I'm sure everyone in the audience was a little worried about me but you came to my hospital room!" I say to him. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He says as he stands there awkwardly.

"Have a seat then." I say as I point to the chair next to my bed. I watched him as he sat down next to me. I had to admit he was really cute but I was still confused why he would want to see me. "What's your name?" I ask him. "Daniel." He says causing me to nod.

"What did the doctors say about your back?" He asks me as he gives me a concerned look. "I fractured my vertebrae and that caused bone fragments to pinch and damage my spinal nerves. And they don't know if I will be able to walk and sure as hell cant dance. I have to also wear this stupid back brace." I say as I try not to cry. "I'm sorry. That sounds horrible." He says softly as he caresses my arm.

The soft touch of his hand against my arm made me feel a weird type of way. "I umm.. got you some flowers." He says as he hands them to me. "Thanks." I say as I slightly chuckle. "Your dancing was amazing from what I saw." He says as he smiles at me. "Thank you." I say as I feel my cheeks get hot.

"Miss Mia. I brought you pudding!" Gina yells as she enters my room. Her eyes widen as she sees Daniel sitting next to me. "Who's this?" She asks me as she sets the putting down. "He's a friend." I say as she nods. "It's nice you finally got a visitor." Gina says as she walks out of the room.

"Your family hasn't come to visit you yet?" Daniel asks me. "They umm don't support my dancing. They definitely won't come here." I mumble as I stare at my legs. "Do you have anybody else who is gonna come visit you?" He asks me.

Wow. I am about to sound so pathetic. No one is gonna come to visit me. "Nope." I say softly as I look up at him. "I'm sorry your family doesn't support you." He says softly. Why was he being so nice to me? We just met.

"It was really nice of you to come check up on me." I say to him. "It was no problem. Is it okay if I come again tomorrow. I know I just met you but you seem really nice and I want to make your time in the hospital less boring." He says as his eyes plead into mine.

"You don't have to come visit me. I'm gonna be fine and you don't even know me." I say softly. "I want to get to know you plus I have a lot of free time. Might as well spend it with a cute girl." He says causing my face to get red. Once he realized what he said his face got red too.

"As long as you aren't doing this because you feel bad for me or guilty." I say to him. "I promise." He says back. I wonder why he is so interested in me and wants to see me again.

"Why did you feel the need to come here in the first place?" I ask him. "Your dancing really moved me and I really wanted to meet you. When you got hurt I was really worried about you." He says causing me to smile. He was so sweet.

"Alright I got to leave or else my friends will murder me. I will see you tomorrow." He says excitingly as he gets up from his chair. "Okay. Bye Daniel." I say as I laugh at him. "Thanks for the flowers!" I yell after him. "No problem! Bye Mia!" He yelled back.

What are the chances a cute guy wants to visit me? I felt a smile stay on my face after he left. He was so kind and cute. I kinda have a crush on him but I barely know him.

________________________________
I wish Daniel would visit me at the hospital🥺