σαράντα ένα {41}✅

Amora

-

My heart jumped at the sight of Lily which I guessed was a regular reaction. Unable to contain my excitement, I ran over to them.

"You seek all the time! Just because you're from the palace doesn't mean you get to boss us around." Lily argued, waving her hands everywhere dramatically.

"I believe that's exactly what that means Lily." Eva stood still with her hands by her side keeping her perfect posture always.

"Don't say my name like that."

"Then what do you want me to call you? Peasant?"

"What if I seek?" I interrupted hoping I could shut them up before a fight broke out.

"Hello, your highness," Eva greeted me by bowing which made me giggle again. It reminded me of the first time we met.

"Amora," Lily said, acknowledging me by name, which caught my attention more. I smiled widely, and she did the same back. It seemed as if our gazes lingered for longer on each other but sooner than I had wanted Lily turned back to Eva, "I agree, let 'her highness' seek." She emphasised my royal name.

Eva said nothing but nodded in agreement still. I spun around, covered my eyes and began counting to 30. I stopped at 20 assuming that it would be enough time to hide somewhere that was relatively good enough. I turned around and saw Lily running across the field like a headless chicken alerting me of where she was about to hide. I smiled to myself and decided to run straight after her, ignoring the task of finding Eva.

I followed the general direction she was running in, which led me to the stables behind the palace. Based on the fact that she had just run in here she probably had no time to prepare a clever hiding space so I went around knocking every stack of hay down, but I still couldn't find her. I huffed out in annoyance and scratched my head but then heard footsteps behind me shortly followed by a battle cry then I was pushed to my stomach with great force as Lily held me down.

"This isn't hide and seek," I whined as she pressed my cheek to the floor.

"You already cheated, you stopped counting at 20."

"I thought you would've been hidden."

"What about Eva?"

"I want to be with you, I'm always with Eva."

"I've seen." Her tone changed and she lifted her weight off which allowed me to breathe and compose myself.

"Mother says it's best for me," I began to explain.

"Aphrodite?" She rests her back against a pile of hay with her feet out and hands behind her head.

I shook my head.

"Kassandra." She concluded rolling her eyes.

I nodded.

"You're the princess so maybe you do need someone trained. Eva is the daughter of your mum's most trusted general, I guess it shows she cares." Kleio shrugged as she sat on a stack of hay.

"What if I don't want to be a princess, what if I never wanted to? I want to be free like you," I sat beside her, and she moved her hands so I could sit as close as I wanted to.

"I'm a peasant Amora, I'm not free. I'm as bound as you are to this country."

"What if we run away?" I suggested out of nowhere.

"Amora?!" Lily looked at me, shocked and confused.

"What?" I shrugged.

"We're only 10."

"Nearly 11." I countered.

"Like that makes a difference." Lily scoffed and I scrambled for any facts I had that would sell the idea to her further.

"We're small, we could sneak on a ship, my mum talks about Persia a lot."

"You don't pay great attention when she does I bet. You'll be in danger in Persia."

"I'll be in danger everywhere, but at least I'll have you."

"I can't protect you."

My heart dropped at her words. I couldn't believe I was only 10 and able to feel this many emotions about one person.

Lily saw that her response wasn't the one I wanted so she changed it.

"But I want to be able to. I'd give my life for you princess, but I'm afraid most of the time that it still won't be enough."

I sighed, laying my head on her shoulder and closing my eyes, falling asleep to the smell of lavender.

-

I felt a skinny finger poke my left temple, "Was she hurt?" Iris' voice echoed.

"Physically no, but mentally maybe." A strange voice responded.

"It's hot when you say smart stuff like that."

"Iris I believe it's just common sense."

Iris poked me again confirming that my vision was over and I was in my real body again. I grabbed Iris' hand before she was able to poke me again and opened my eyes. To my right, there was the girl I saw earlier with Iris and then I noticed Iris trying to tug her hand away. I let go slowly sitting up, but I was hindered by the fact my head felt like a boulder between my shoulders.

I winced in pain; the girl I still didn't know jumped forward to help me up.

"Thank you, sorry if I seem rude but who are you?"

"My new wife," Iris interrupted and received a scolding stare from the girl.

"I'll be nothing of the sort." She shut Iris down, "My name is Nyx, I helped find you with Iris."

"What a story for the children and grandchildren that will be, how their heroic mothers saved their rouge lesbian aunts from a heavily guarded fortress."

Nyx rolled her eyes and sighed. I laughed slightly at the dynamic that seemed to form between them.

"I'm very grateful you did, thank you. Do you know where we are going?"

"Euboea," Nyx answered.

-

NEW A/N : Follow me on Instagram (writings_of_artemis) and twitter (artemis_writing) for updates and sneak peeks of my WIP's and future projects!
Don't forget to vote comment and share!!
Love y'all
-Artemis