εξήντα δύο {62}✅

Amora

There was no delay in our journey back to the surface. Once we had landed back on solid ground we took a few moments to stand and collect ourselves on the beaches of Mykonos. I had noticed the air down here felt different, thicker almost. For a while, it was harder to breathe. I scanned the area for Kassandra's villa and saw the large red building in the distance. Aphrodite saw where my gaze had travelled and warned us both again.

"Remember, see if she responds to reason first. We're about to go to war, there need not be more bloodshed than necessary."

"We understand Aphrodite." Kleio and I both answered simultaneously.

Aphrodite then nodded, disappearing, knowing where she needed to go and what she needed to do.

"You don't by any chance have the same teleportation powers she does," Kleio asked me.

"I haven't tried it yet." I shrugged casually.

"It can't be that hard, can it? Your powers seem to be strongly linked to your mind so I'm guessing you think hard about going somewhere and you go there."

"Jeez, no need to mansplain it." I joked rolling my eyes.

"Amora-" She grunted at me, annoyed enough already.

"I'm joking I'm joking," I laughed snorting lightly, "now hold me." I smiled, winking at her. Yes, I was annoying her further but that time without strain she did what I asked, placing her hand at my waist and pulling me into her. I placed my hands on her chest and looked up into her eyes, her gorgeous grey eyes.

"I love you," I said as sincerely as I could.

"I love you too dumbass."

The next part seemed too easy, I remembered the place where I had confronted Kassandra about how she treated me in childhood, how we argued on the veranda of her war room in the villa.  I blinked my eyes and when I opened them again I was somewhere new. Kleio was once again right, I did have the same powers as Aphrodite. We were now standing outside the same war room we fought in.

The doors to the balcony were wide open and the first person I saw was a child, the same child from Nyx's memories. They were tied up and sat on the floor by Kassandra's table.

They looked at me and their eyes widened, and they began to wiggle from their restraints, mumbling something but their mouth was tied with rope as well. No doubt this caught the attention of Kassandra and I heard her sandals creep closer. I used my powers to change her perception, making both me and Kleio invisible. Next, I needed to calm Mathias down.

"Calm down Mathias, my name is Amora. The grumpy girl you saw me with is Kleio. I'm sure Iris and Nyx mentioned us. There's no need to respond Mathias, I have special powers and I'm able to read your mind, I just want you to know that you're safe and I won't allow Kassandra to hurt you."

Mathias nodded.

I looked to Kleio, "Get Mathias out and meet with Aphrodite. I'll stay with Kassandra."

"Amora-." She protested with only one word.

"I'm different now, she can't lie to me because Aphrodite gave me everything she took away. I'm ready for her."

Kleio reluctantly agreed and snuck past Kassandra quietly, still invisible. The lack of guards in the room made the task much easier. Kleio reached the child and as soon as she touched them, they both disappeared. Kassandra looked up from the scrolls on her war table and growled when she saw the child was missing.

"Gu-" She began to call for the guards but at that second I realised my hold on her, making sure she could see my hands that were now around her mouth and neck.