τριάντα-εξι {36}✅

Amora

I jumped up ready to continue the fight I was so sure we had lost but there was nobody around to receive the sharp end of my sword, a sword I quickly realized I didn't have anymore. It took less than a second for me to recognise my surroundings and the place where we had been taken to. There were metal bars, rusty but sturdy, which kept us locked in one place. Every other wall was thick stone. I turned my attention back to the bars and held one bar in each hand. In a desperate attempt at escape, I shook them as hard as possible.

"That's smart! How come I didn't think about that?" A voice unnecessarily sarcastically commented.

Leona was sitting across from me in another cell with Eva as she shouted her snarky comment.

"What's going on?" I asked

"We were all captured, I suspect by women who associate themselves with Paris."

"All except Iris," I added, "She'll come for us."

"You mean that girl with the freaky eyes? Then we're still doomed." Leona groaned.

"Don't be like that, I'm sure she'll figure something out." I defended Iris as best as I could.

"Or maybe our journey ends right here."

"Leona," I warned sternly.

Leona only shrugged as she sat back down in her cell and huffed in disappointment. I looked around and finally caught the eye of Kleio who was sitting in the corner of the cell with her knees to her chest. I walked over to her, but she stopped me.

"Don't." Was all her stern voice had to say before I knew I needed to leave her alone, it was clear her current state wasn't something I should force my nose into. I couldn't help but notice that her body language seemed the complete opposite of everything I knew about her up until that moment. It heavily implied that she was scared but...this was Kleio we were talking about, she'd rather die than be caught scared of anything or anyone. In the time I had drifted off into my own thoughts and then come to my senses head had moved down so that I could no longer see her face...as if she were...crying?

Again, I believed my assumptions were stupid. Of course, on first instinct, the thought of Kleio showing or feeling any vulnerable emotions were hard to swallow, but then I remembered what happened at Thermopylae. I didn't think much of it then but now that I could pair it with what was in front of my eyes now the chances of her crying were higher than what I had initially thought. She pushed me away at Thermopylae and before we were captured the pure fear and hurt in her voice couldn't be fake.

As I realised that there might be something wrong I tore away my gaze which was fixated on Kleio. I knew it was only a matter of time before I snapped and went over there to ask her what was wrong which would obviously cause a can of worms, which none of us were prepared for, to be released. I had hoped in the forefront of my mind that Iris would find us.

Iris

I burped embarrassingly loud with a closed mouth and instantly realised that it was a mistake as my burp packed a punch greater than Hercules could. Unable to punish myself for much longer, I finally opened my mouth and breathe out dramatically letting the foul smell out. In another attempt to escape my crime, I walked out of the rooms below deck and climbed up a wooden and worn ladder to the surface. Leona's crew were scattered about, some frantically running about and others standing in groups discussing something severe. I closed the hatch behind me, which made a loud bang, loud enough to turn the entire crew's attention to me.

"Hey..." I smiled awkwardly, "Where is everyone?"

"We were hoping you knew," The crewmate closest to me asked.