εξήντα τέσσερα {64}✅

Amora

I opened my eyes slowly, for some reason it pained too much to have them open faster. I tried moving my body, but it was as if I was paralysed. Slowly my surroundings came into view and the first thing I saw was Athenian colours. Blue, white and golden patterns had been carved into the ceiling where I had ended up.

I looked to my left and saw a statue of Athena which meant all options pointed to being in a temple I also saw that my arm was raised against my will. I pulled down but wasn't able to move my hands freely, instead, I heard the clanking of chains. I attempted to move my feet too, but it was no use, I was chained tightly down.

It all started to rush back to me, I knew who the woman now was, Hecate had taken me. Paris and Persephone were winning.

"Ah, you're awake," Hecate spoke softly. Not soft enough to be comforting it only caused me to shiver. I looked to my right and saw her standing there with a knife in her hand.

"I was going to wait until you were awake to start all the fun," She continued, "But torture is pointless when you're asleep."

I pulled further on my restraints in an attempt to see if I could make any progress at all but nothing budged yet.

"It's useless trying to fight my dear Amora." Hecate caught onto my attempts, "This will be your end."

She walked to me stopping at my feet and I followed her, watching carefully. She chuckled as she took the blade and pointed it at me.

"You have no idea the turmoil your existence has caused, you've gotten away with it for long enough. Now it's time for you to pay."

Without warning, she harshly stabbed the blade into the flesh of my thigh. I screamed out for help in vain. In the back of my mind, I knew nobody was coming for me. So I tried again to break loose from my chains but nothing budged. I only ended up hurting myself on the rusty yet sturdy metal.

My next call of action was to use my powers but for that, I needed to be calm. How could I be calm if there was a dagger lodged inside my thigh and the highest chance yet of me dying? I knew the odds were against me but I tried anyway to mind-wash myself and make myself believe the pain wasn't there but it was all too real.

To make matters worse Hecate leaned down, pushing her weight on the dagger that she has stabbed me with. I could feel the blade piercing deeper and the overwhelming pain shot to my head. I screamed again and tried to move but my arms and head were so...fuzzy.

"Why are you doing this!" I managed to get out eventually. I had no idea how much time had passed but it felt like hours.

"You were the cause of Persephone's sadness. You and your mother. I can't lay a hand on Aphrodite, so you're the next best thing." Hecate took the blade out from my flesh, leaving me to bleed out. I didn't have to see to know how much blood I was losing.

I could feel it all, the warm red liquid pouring from the wound she made, my breathing becoming uneven, and my head getting heavier. Not long after, which gave me no time to recover she did the same to my right thigh, easily piercing the flesh.

I screamed out again and tears threatened to pour from my eyes. "The death of a child will hurt much more than Aphrodite dying herself."

I pulled again on the chains but it was way harder this time, the blood that was leaving my body left me weakened and to my knowledge, healing didn't come under my power abilities.

"Awww don't tell me you skipped the healing gene." Hecate teased as she tore the blade from my skin inspecting the blood on the blade. First, I saw her smell it and smile at herself. Next, she ran her fingers along the blade with a pinched shape, taking most of the blood with it and with what she had collected onto her fingers she licked off slowly. I cringed at the sight and turned away.