σαράντα τέσσερα {44}✅

Kleio

As I left Amora and approached Iris I knew I needed to take the smirk off my face pretty soon or else the hyperactive thief would catch on to whatever was happening between us. Many thoughts combed my mind in an attempt to decipher what had just happened but mainly It occurred to me that if I wanted to begin to make it up to Amora for how terrible I had been to her, I would have to learn to get along with the people she held in close regard. The only person that could hold that title right now was Iris. When I reached within arm's length of the thief I breathed in, putting on my best effort to not snap at her.

"What can you tell me?" I spoke carefully, not wanting to seem snappy but also not wasting any time. What I said to Amora was still true, the quicker we kill the cultist the less chance we have of being imprisoned and the closer we get to weakening Paris' control over Greece. 

"It's like-...this-...little-..." Iris began between breaths.

Leona rolled her eyes, crossed her arms and continued for the girl who was losing a battle with oxygen, "They have this sort of treehouse contraption in the middle of the island. It looks way to sophisticated to just belong to a ragtag bunch of pirates so we believe very strongly that is  where our next cultist lies."

"Brilliant, we'll start preparing our route there now. But first," I looked both Leona and Iris up and down and saw that our attire may cause us to stick out to our enemy if we hadn't already. " Maybe we should drop into town for disguises and make our by the end of tonight."

Iris stopped panting like an overweight dog and stood up straight after she heard my orders. I looked behind me and saw that Amora was walking over with a girl from Leona's crew. The only person currently missing was Eva who I hadn't seen since I sent her to wake Amora up, which probably meant the confrontation didn't go well. I couldn't help but smile like an idiot to myself knowing my outcome was significantly better than hers.

Our main group came over and Amora stood between me and the new girl from Leona's crew.

"So, what's the plan," Amora asked.

It was tempting to bluntly spill out what was happening in the least detail possible, but I needed to,  and wanted to, try and be better for her. So I turned to Amora and spoke.

"They've found where the pirates who run this island reside. The overall plan is to obtain a disguise of some sort and sneak in at nightfall. No side-tracking, no being captured, it should be a quick kill, just in and out."

"Can Nyx join? "Amora asked. I look to Leona since she belonged to a part of her crew.

"The more the merrier I guess," She shrugged maintaining the nonchalant attitude we were both famous for. If it means there are more people to cover each other's backs then who am I to complain," I knew indirectly her permission was granted.

As we were just about ready to leave I realised that Eva still hadn't joined us. So I looked back and saw that she had only left the lower cabins of the ship. I returned my gaze to in front of me and noticed that I wasn't the only one watching the blonde with narrow eyes. Amora caught sight of Eva and her whole body tensed in anger. Amora's reaction was worse than I thought it would be. I had the burning desire to run over to her and gloat about what I could call my victory over Eva but I needed everyone focused for now.

I hoped Amora would do the smart thing and displace her towards Eva on this cultist, and then we could leave quicker and...and talk. It was in Amora's best interest to stay angry at Eva and hopefully avoid her, Eva wasn't...stable. Even from childhood, I knew there had always been something about her that meant she was always on edge. A part of me wasn't surprised, she had deep connections with Kassandra and she had a ton of problems herself. I know that I'm not perfect myself but at least I'm not crazy...I'm just broken.