σαράντα επτά {47}✅

Kleio

I was tugged back violently not reaching anywhere near their thrones. The pale woman smiled mischievously.

"Your beautiful friend?" She referred to Amora, "She's healing with the blonde one."

"Why her?" My body tensed with anger knowing she was with Eva alone.

"She offered to help her while you were all busy being knocked out." She simply shrugged and I sat down. At this moment she didn't seem as if she wanted to harm us but I did get the impression that she was incredibly powerful and could get rid of us with just a click of her fingers. That informed my decision to stay put and try nothing, I wouldn't be able to save Amora if I was dead lying in a ditch somewhere.

"Now I don't know who you are, but I hate all the bad tension we seem to have, so why don't we start all over again." She placed her hand on her chest, "My name is Iphigenia," Then she motioned to the tanned woman beside her, "And this is my wife Calypso." She adjusted herself on her throne more comfortably, smirking again as she looked down at us, "We are the rulers of Lesbos, an island of peace and happiness. You are new and new people disrupt the peace my wife and I have worked so hard to obtain," Her hand reached out, pointing clearly to me, "You look like you're in charge so tell me, why are you here?"

I looked up, making sure to keep eye contact, "We just need supplies, nothing more nothing less and then we'll be on our way. We don't mean to disrupt anything. Excuse my bluntness your highness or whatever but you were the ones who were aggressive towards us and our peace."

Iphigenia chuckles, "Hm, it seems I misjudged you. Set them free." She waved her hand and her guards immediately moved toward us untying our hands, "To make up for this misunderstanding, why don't you stay a few nights for the festival? I'm sure it'll be worth your while." She asked a question but we all knew deep down it was a command, her unnerving smile confirmed this.

"We would love to."

"Once the festivities are over, we'll gladly supply you with everything you need. But for now, I'll have the guard show you where you'll be staying.

"What about Amora?"

"I don't think she needs any visitors right now, her hand looked quite bad when we brought her in,"

Nyx held my shoulder, she guessed that I had grown agitated very quickly and warned me against losing my temper. I breathed in and said nothing, I allowed the guards to lead us to our room. We were escorted to my left through another pair of big doors that led to a roomy corridor. They pointed at the end of the corridor, telling us that's where our rooms would be and just like that left.

Straight away, Nyx Iris and Leona settled into the room but I was still restless. The room was big with two beds and another door which I assumed led into another room with more beds. I knew I wasn't going to spend most of my time here so I didn't care much for exploration.

"You guys have fun, I'm going to find Amora." I turned on my heel almost out of the room when a hand grabbed my shoulder stopping me at the threshold of the door

Iris had grabbed my shoulder and seemed ready to ask something, "I'm coming with you." She stated instead of asking.

"It's better it's just me, less chance of being caught."

"Nice try but I don't like the feel of this place, there's something that's off and I'm worried about Amora too."

"What about Nyx?"

"Please take her, If we all go then those queens will become suspicious and I would rather not chance that,"

"You guys can go, I'll cover for you."