δεκαεπτά {17}✅

Amora

We followed the road north; the whole way Eva had her hands wrapped tightly around my waist. At no point was I complaining. At one point I think she even fell asleep and her heartbeat and breathing behind me were so calm and peaceful.

I lightly pulled the reigns of the horse as we approached the thick brick walls of the town. The horse obeyed and slowed down. I shoved her with my shoulder, but she didn't stir awake. I kept at it another two times and with a groan, she finally came to.

I leapt off the horse, waiting for her to properly regain control of herself. "I'm no navigator, but I believe this is the port of Achaia."

She looked down at me tired, rubbing her eyes she turns on the horse her legs now facing me. I held my arms out ready to catch her, but just to be safe my hands rested on her waist. She jumped down from the saddle and I was easily able to support her weight. She steadies herself by holding on to me tightly.

"Hey, sleepyhead." I joked terribly. She looks me dead in the eye, clearly not taking it as either.

"We need to find Kleio." She began, already getting down to business.

"Who?"

"The Mercenary."

"Yes ma'am." I moved out of her way as she took reigns of the horse leading it to the stables right by the gate of the port town. "And where would this all-famous Kleio be?"

"Heavily drinking at a tavern, on the brink of starting a fight."

"So, what's the plan?"

"Sailors love getting drunk, there's more than one tavern in this port, so we split up."

Based on my poor attempt at a joke earlier it was best if I didn't get on her bad side.

"I guess I'll take the left." I figured as I was on her left and there was no time to stand and debate. She nodded in agreement and walked off in the opposite direction. I sighed continuing to walk, looking out for any buildings that seem to house multiple drunk and aggressive women.

I walked further into the port, nearing the shipyard and that's when I heard it. Extremely loud laughing and the slamming of more drinks on the table. Insults in Greek, some slurred and incoherent. But one voice stood out. A girl...a woman even.

She had a golden breastplate. It was too sturdy to be Athenian-made. She had a red and golden cloak that stopped at her lower back. With was only covered by white robes with a typical spartan waistband over, which had leather slits hanging from the belt with red fabric linings. Her boots were gold, and the multiple rings on her tanned and golden fingers showed clear wealth. Her arms were toned and scarred with for some reason added to her attractiveness.

Overall, she was insanely gorgeous.

I approached the tavern still looking at her. I stopped at the threshold and leaned against a wooden beam. It was as if it all happened in a second, but I no longer was facing back at her, she turned around and a knife was thrown at the wooden beam I was standing near, barely missing my cheek.

I looked at her, and she stared backer state was cold and uninviting. Yet somehow, I felt drawn. There was danger and recklessness in her eyes, but nothing like Leona. Unlike her, Kleio had some discipline and control. But there was also pain, pain and so much mystery hidden within her. I was instantly intrigued by her grey eyes staring daggers at me.

"You missed," I stated.

She said nothing. The tavern went quiet as she slowly walked towards me, still with her cold and uninviting stare. She showed no weakness in her approach towards me, and no signs of giving up her control of the situation. She liked to be in charge, but I was okay with it...more than just okay with it.

Her arm reached up to the knife in the beam. Her face wasn't far from mine and her body loomed over me. I was now able to observe her features more closely. One of her eyebrows had a few slits in them, it didn't make her look untidy or scrappy but...sexy. She had black liner around her eyes which made her eyes a million times more stunning. She had a few freckles over her face, but just above her left eye, there was a scar. The sides of her hair were shaved and her hair from her hairline to the back of her head was straight and the rest was plaited in one. I noticed a grey strip of hair that matched her eyes before her voice snapped me out of it.

"Continue and I won't." She threatened.

"Excuse me?"

She pulled the knife from the beam and spun it in her hands, stepping back and giving me space. "What do you want." She asked sternly.

"I'm Amora of Sparta I-."

Sighing she said, "I didn't ask for your life story, why are you here."

"I and a friend need to get to Achaia."

She chucked and stopped spinning the knife around between her fingers and pointed it at me. "I have no business helping Spartans with a title, if you kept your big mouth shut maybe you'd have a chance."

The women around me I guessed to be her crew laughed. I didn't get what was funny. She moved closer to me, the blade of the knife barely scraping the skin of my stomach.

"Kleio stop!" Her angelic voice put me at ease, even as this incredibly sexy and dangerous mercenary was threatening me. The pressure on my stomach disappeared and she stepped further back. Her eyes left mine almost making me feel empty and cold and moved to Eva who seemed out of breath beside me.

"I always seem to be saving your life," Eva whispered to me.

I smiled. "I guess I owe you."

-
NEW A/N : Follow me on Instagram (writings_of_artemis) and twitter (artemis_writing) for updates and sneak peeks of my WIP's and future projects!
Don't forget to vote comment and share!!
Love y'all
-Artemis