σαράντα οκτώ {48}✅

Kleio

"How much are we betting they've drugged her or something?" Iris asked Nyx.

I paced back and forth in the room listening to their responses to the encounter I told them I had just had with Leona. The dagger Amora had given me when we were children was shifting between my hands in an attempt to contain my anxiousness. We were still yet to think of a plan but what Iris said may have just given me an idea.

"Maybe you're not too far off," I joined in, stopping my pacing and looking up from the floor.

"Wow, are you being nice?" Iris gasped overdramatically.

"We just need to find a way to get into the room without being seen so we can check." I ignored her comment and proceeded to voice my thoughts.

"Well, if we find the drug, how do we uh...reverse it?"

"I know a thing or two about plants." Nyx shrugged, "I may be able to reverse whatever effect the drug had,"

"And that's why I love you, baby," Iris blew a kiss toward the girl but she rejected it, scrunching her nose in disgust and turning to me.

"That's disgusting." Nyx cringed.

"Yeah, Iris that was terrible." I supported Nyx's discomfort.

"Shut up, if you two are off being detectives then what about me?"

I smiled in anticipation of the complaints she would have about her new role. "You're the distraction."

"Which means?"

"I told you already, Leona expects you tonight at the festival, so stay there and make sure everyone that could catch us stays there too."

"You just want me to keep Eva and Amora from 'doing things' or something don't you?" Iris narrowed her eyes at me, her comment was a joke and yet it still held more truth than I would have wanted it to. So I said nothing and she connected the dots herself, " I have to third fucking wheel for them? That's disgusting why can't me and Nyx trade places?"

"Because Nyx is useful in this situation and your entertaining skills are unlike anything I've ever seen and so useful in the scenario I've placed you in. We're all working to our strengths right now okay?"

"Hm, I guess my natural charm and charisma are a curse." Iris sighed sadly yet me and Nyx both knew she was far from sad. She would have continued her monologue on all her strengths if the door didn't open at that meant revealing Amora. She stood in the doorway hand and hand with Eva and when everyone noticed the tension in the room skyrocketed.

"Today is going to be so fun guys!" She cheered enthusiastically yet there was something about her that made it seem fake as if she wasn't even human anymore. We all watched, me in awe and the others in shock at what we knew and she didn't.

Amora then turned to Eva and whispered something in her ear. That was one thing I struggled to contain my anger in front of. I could feel the steam rising from my ears at this point and Nyx must've noticed because she swiftly made her way to my side and held my arm.

"I thought you guys were planning our next moves," Amora asked realising the room didn't look as if we were doing much planning.

The room fell silent, Nyx and Iris looked to me for an answer but all I could do was swallow the terrible feeling in my throat which only made the nausea in my stomach worse. I looked longer and harder at Amora which allowed me to conform that she must have been under the influence of something. At last, her eyes met mine and I could barely see the hazel in them, her pupils were dilated and there was a thin purple colour.