τριάντα-τρία {33}✅

Amora

One of the many things Kyrina taught me as a child was how to tend to my wounds. It was one of my first lessons actually because I was not the greatest warrior to start with,  I was quite terrible. In almost every training season there would be an injury of some sort. In front of me, Kleio was laying still on a soft fur cloth. After my...interaction with Leona, we moved to her ship which was docked in the port of Lalaia. We were beneath the deck, in a cabin...alone. It was just me and Kleio so I was able to treat her wounds without disturbance. As I gently dabbed her cheek she winced in pain and I murmured a sorry back as my heartbeat increased, scared of doing anything that would make her snap.

"You didn't have to do this." She spoke softly, which was out of character for her.

I wet a small rag with cold water and gently leaned over her face, again dabbing her eye lightly. "You were fighting to protect me for some reason so it's the least I could do."

"I asked for the trouble and the decision I made was because of me alone, nobody else. So there is no need for you to take responsibility."

"Were you going to say thank you?" I asked, pushing my luck

I moved the rag down to the cuts on her lip and to inspect the injuries closer I lowered my head not far from hers. As the rag touched her skin, she gripped my hand in place. I froze unsure of what move she would make next which only resulted in our eyes meeting and locking. I could feel my face heat up as our stares intensified but I couldn't tell if it was showing to Kleio or not. I tried my best to keep my gaze from wandering to places that weren't her eyes but her features were too alluring to just stick to one place.

In obvious pain, she sat up. "I'm fine really."

"Why won't you let me help you?" I asked

Kleio said nothing for a while, the only thing she could do was stare deep into my eyes again. I tried searching for something, anything in her eyes that would give me a clue... or some indication of what she was feeling or wanted to say but I only saw a wall blocking me from really seeing what Kleio had to offer.

"I don't need anybody's help anymore." She grunted and that's when I knew she had gone back to being cold and distant. Maybe I said something wrong? Or triggered a bad memory I didn't exactly know her past in detail, but I know it wasn't exactly easy.

"You can leave now," She looked away from me.

My heart dropped at the realisation she did in fact want me gone. I dropped the rag back into the pan of water and made my way out of the room. On the upper deck, there was a tent at the back of the boat and at the centre were two massive masts with even bigger sails attached to them. Unlike Kleio, Leona's sail held no symbol. They were a plain white colour which was unusual to me as I assumed Leona of all people would want to stick out.

I finished my climb up the ladder onto the upper deck. To my disappointment Leona was there, talking to someone I guessed was a part of her ship's crew. I wanted to avoid her at all costs I could still feel there was something off about her. And because of what I did to her, I wasn't looking forward to meeting her anger when she realised I had shouted at her. If she was friends with Kleio then in some way they must be alike and I assumed it was how they chose to express their anger. I wasn't keen on proving my assumption so quickly I turned on my heel and walked in the opposite direction.

"Stealth isn't your thing is it gorgeous?" I shivered and the hairs on the back of my head turned up at the use of the nickname.

Leona walked towards me, with one of her hands she used her sword handle like a hand rest and the other was loose at her side.