εξήντα τρία {63}✅

Amora

-

Eva falls to her knees at my feet, begging me to show mercy, after a few pleas I tune her whining out, now only hearing faint muffles. I look down before lifting my sword high and then driving it through her heart in one clear strike. Her breath left her chest instantly and blood leaked from her open mouth. I didn't bother to pray over her body, I only plucked my sword from her body and carried on walking towards the gates.

I didn't know why, but I knew somehow that Paris and Persephone were behind the great big door that stood at the end of this unnaturally long corridor that seemed to stretch ahead of me. I walked forward but the world felt...loopy. My movements weren't as precise as I wanted them to be which meant I was stumbling around.

Maybe I was tired?

No, I would instantly recognise what fatigue felt like, and as I finally reached the large doors, a shock ran through my body and energy surged through me. I pushed open the door and the air in the new room was much thicker, I never thought oxygen could overwhelm a person like this but as I struggled to breathe in I was proven wrong.

I looked up expecting Paris or Persephone but the sight before me caused me to freeze and begin hyperventilating in my tracks. A woman, tall and glowing stood with Kleio's neck tightly held in her hand. Kleio was fighting for breath desperately, trying to kick and bite her way out of the woman's grip but she showed no signs of flinching or pain.

I wanted to rush forward to save her. I had the power but for some reason, I was still stuck. The woman saw me struggling and laughed at my misfortune. I now could see her, how she cackled at me with her deep red eyes, her snow-white hair fell in waves over her shoulders and her skin was perfectly tanned. If she wasn't about to kill my girlfriend maybe for a second I would consider her somewhat attractive.

"You're mine now Amora, nobody will be able to save you."

And with that, she tightened the grip her firsts had around Kleio's neck and that's when her body separated from her neck.

-

"Kleio!" I screamed jumping up.

The air felt normal now, but I was still hot, boiling in fact. I could feel the sweat on my forehead and my clammy palms. Something was calling me in the back of my mind as I stared out of the window and at the crescent-shaped moon that was perfectly placed outside my room.

"Amora!"

The voice was more focused now and I felt Kleio's hand on my shoulder. I turned around to look at her and wasn't able to stop the tears that left my eyes. It was a dream, none of it was real, she was alive and here with me. I embraced her in a hug, shocking her but she didn't hesitate to squeeze me back tighter within her embrace.

"What happened, I thought Aphrodite said you were okay now?" She asked, her voice still sleepy.

"I'm not immune to nerves Kleio." I breathed out deeply again trying to regulate my breathing still.

"Does she know?"

"No, she doesn't need to. I have it under control."

"Do you? You were burning up in your sleep, and you wouldn't answer me for ages. I- I thought- I didn't know what to think! What if you got killed in what you were dreaming, what if-"

I cut her off with my lips, and she instantly kissed back, I didn't want her to worry the night before the invasion because instead of focusing on taking out Persephone and Paris she'd focus on making sure I'm not hurt. It was too risky to have one of our strongest assets distracted. I pushed her gently back down to the bed and deepened the kiss, but to my surprise, that's when she pushed me off.