εξήντα πέντε {65}✅

Amora

As far as the eye could see the Parthenon was empty except for a statue of Paris on the far wall in front of me. There was a second level I didn't think to check out because I didn't hear anyone, if they were going to make an entrance I'd figured it would be a big one.

"Paris! Persephone!" I shouted, announcing my presence, "Come out now, I'm ready to face you! Hecate failed her job and now is probably dead."

"That brat wasn't supposed to kill you." A low voice laughed, and I guessed it to be Persephone, "Her job was to kidnap you and bring you to me."

"As I said, she failed." I reiterated.

"No matter, you're still here."

A loud clicking sound was heard and for some reason, I snapped my head back down towards the statue and by the feet stood Paris. She had a full set of armour on and a golden spear at hand. What unsettled me the most was how her eyes were blacked out as if she were being controlled by an external force. I walked closer and saw that running down her eyes were the dried path of tears as if she had been crying. So far nothing was adding up and I still had no idea where Persephone was.

"Persephone what is the meaning of this?" I asked into the emptiness.

"We had a bit of a tussle when preparing for your arrival Amora. It seems I underestimated how her spirit would fight when she saw what I did to her daughter's soul."

"Leona? You mean the power you gave her?"

"I gave her the gifts of my husband which meant regardless of if she failed or not, she was doomed to the underworld."

"You're sick!" I spat in disgust, "You've been using everyone this whole time haven't you?"

"Quite obviously." Persephonenlaughed, "Before me, this frail Queen was nothing. Athens was nothing. Greece was nothing. But with me at the head with your power - Greece could be everything!... If only Hades were here to see it."

"Do you think he would be okay with what you're doing now? Hades hated war; he would always stay neutral."

"And he was a coward for that!" Persephone argued back. her voice broke with pain and hatred, "Together we could've had the world, but in the end he was weak, and your mother cut him down like he was nothing right in front of me...taking a child from her seems a fitting punishment." She breathed out finished with her mini-rant, "Finish her Paris."

I jumped back as Paris swung her sword, thankfully I had the advantage in this fight, there was no way she was quick enough in her current state to land any blows. As the blade of the spear missed me and connected with the floor I was blown away and smashed into the wall of one of the pillars harshly. I fell forward, my vision slightly blurred, but this time was different, my injuries slowly faded from me.

I realised then that Aphrodite did something more when she healed me, she gave me regeneration powers. Even though I was hurt, the longer I sat down resting, the quicker I recovered from my recent injuries. I smiled to myself as my confidence shot up once again. Paris grounded the blade of her spear in the floor of the great temple which sent ripples for metres out causing me to fall back on my behind.

She then decided to leave the spear and run towards me with just her bare hands. Persephone who was controlling her figured out quickly that pure strength couldn't beat me. This time Paris was quicker with her fists.

In a panic, I swung my sword taking off both her arms in the process and it stopped her in her tracks. I heard a grunt of pain somewhere and figured it was Persephone as Paris' mouth was shut tight. I had little time to assess the situation as seconds later Paris' arms regenerated back, and she was back to attacking me.