σαράντα δύο {42}✅

Amora

I must have missed a lot as the last thing I remembered was watching life be squeezed out of Medeia. I zoned back into the present day and witnessed Iris using her skills of charm to get on Nyx's nerves once again.

"Euboea is rich with pirates, which also means it's rich with drachmae."

"Not everything is about drachma." Nyx corrected Iris.

"Yes, everything is about drachma. How are we supposed to get married and live life like royalty without it, my love?"

I sighed, exhausted by Iris' lousy attempts to flirt with Nyx and by my head being so heavy. I slowly started to lay back down. But then I remembered who had gotten me here in the first place and it allowed me to completely forget about my pain. Temporarily.

"Where's Kleio?" I interrupted Iris and Nyx's conversation. Iris seemed to mind more than Nyx however.

"The upper deck," Nyx answered, grateful to get away from Iris' flirting.

"Take me there."

"No can-do ma'am," Iris interjected, "She doesn't want you up until your head is back to normal."

My heart swelled knowing she was genuinely concerned with my well-being.

"Alright weirdo reel in your thoughts," Iris saw my smile and caught on," Hopefully, you'll be okay by the time we get to shore, but until then I'll stay with you. "

"What about Nyx?"

"I'm a part of the crew so I have a ship to help sail." The dark-haired girl said as she got up and walked out.

"I'll miss you!" Iris called out and as expected Nyx ignored her.

"So, what did you and Kleio get up to while I wasn't there to supervise?" Iris didn't even wait until Nyx was completely out of the room to ask.

"Depressing stuff Iris, don't get your hopes up."

"And those things were..."

"I can't say what exactly, but I learned why her childhood was so terrible."

"Is there more?"

"Maybe..." I debated whether or not to tell her but then it dawned on me that she was the closest person to me, and even if sometimes it was unbelievable, I could trust her. "I had a dream; I've been having many dreams like this actually where it's like I'm reliving being young and in Sparta again."

"Maybe the gods want you to remember something?" She shrugged and suggested a theory that wasn't complete nonsense.

"Why not just show me that particular memory?"

"The Gods work in mysterious ways, plus maybe there are certain memories you need to experience for it to all make sense, like a sequence of events that have led up to it."

"Wow, when did you become smart?"

"Maybe love does that to a person. If you don't mind me prying more, who is in your dreams or visions or whatever?"

"Aphrodite was the first I saw, then Kassandra and Eva most recently..." I paused, searching my memory, "Oh! And this girl called Lily."

"Wait our Eva?" She backtracked.

"Yeah, I was introduced to her and Kyrina was there."

"Kyrina your guardian?"

"Exactly."

"We're you good friends with this Lily girl?"

"I think it was more than that. I think I loved her."

"Weren't you like an infant?!"