εξήντα {60}✅

Kleio

Athena finished her sentence and without allowing me to gather my bearings, she stands up from her seat knocking me from my seat and sending me flying through the wall and outside. My head began to ring uncontrollably and already it ached to move every part of me. I was a fool for thinking I could go up against a god, but this was for Amora, I needed to do this, to prove that I'm not just a lowly peasant from Sparta.

I looked to my left and saw Amora being held back by Aphrodite, she was probably worried sick but it was for her so I knew I could handle it, and I knew Aphrodite would keep her safe until I had. Aphrodite clicked her fingers transforming the setting instantly, before I knew it I was on my feet again, my usual weapons in both hands, my equipment returned and surrounded by a cheering crowd.

This was all the adrenaline I needed to give me a fair fight, I smirked at the image of Athena in front of me. She had her golden spear in one hand and her sturdy shield in the other. If I wanted to get anything past her, the shield would need to go, so that's what I focused on charging forward. Blinding her temporarily with the dust wouldn't work, her helmet made it very hard for anything to get in her eyes which was smart in some ways, but because of how narrow her view is, it gave me an advantage.

I needed to get behind her quickly, so instead of hitting her head on, I used her shield to elevate my jump, swiftly flying over her head and twisting in the air so that I could easily aim one of my swords at the back of her thigh. I let the sword loose from my hand and watched with a smug smirk as it cut through the skin at the back of her thigh. Athena dropped to her knee as u successfully landed, her grand reached back to her thigh and she yanked the blade from her skin, letting the blood run out the wound. My smugness melted away as I concluded that she wasn't fazed in any way.

"That was a smart move Kleio, but you'll need many more of those to win against me." Athena turned around and threw my sword back to me, I held my hand out attempting to grab onto the handle but as I did I was brought along with the sword, Athena wasn't aiming for me, she was aiming for the wall behind me and that's exactly where the blade of the sword front slotted itself.

I attempted many times to pull it out, but the sword wouldn't budge. I used my time unwisely and before I knew it Athena was in front of me again, she lunged forward with her shield aiming for my head, but I ducked. Luckily, the force she put into her blow with the shield landed it in the same place as my sword, so I used this opportunity to knee her stomach and throw her stunned body back away from the shield.

Once again she wasn't fazed for long, she spun the spear between her fingers and took a new stance with the sharp blade pointing at me. I'm no idiot, I knew without my second sword my ability as a swordswoman was greatly affected. I looked at my belt to see if my dagger was also returned and sighed in relief when I felt the handle of the weapon gifted to me by Amora.

I sheathed it and took my stance, my next step would be to break the spear somehow, I didn't stand a chance if I couldn't get near to her to land any blows. Breaking a spear should be easy enough, just like breaking a bone and I've done that more times than I can count. My smirk returned as confidence washed over me, I might have a chance of winning this, but I needed to stay calm and watch her movements still.

Nobody made a move, we stood there watching each other patiently waiting for something, I didn't dare blink, I still had no idea what she had up her sleeve and it was suspicious things had gone this well for me. But then my eyelids gave way for a split second, and she was gone from in front of me. That's when I knew my luck had very quickly run out. She was behind me now and chose to kick me in the back of my thigh.

I buckled to my knees but quickly tried to regain balance, but I was struck again on my back, sending me to my stomach. I flipped over my saw as she began thrusting her spear for my head, I dodged each one, moving back in the process trying to find an opening where I could get to my feet but there was nothing. The control she had over her upper body was immaculate and she didn't seem to be getting tired. I on the other hand felt the fatigue earlier, I needed to find a way out of this.