εξήντα ένα {61}✅

Amora

A few days had passed since my memories returned, and since Kleio was granted her godly power. Just like me, she's been working with her mother to help control everything she can before the invasion. If my memory served me right, it would be in three days. Athena and Aphrodite had concluded that today was our last day of training, and they wanted to treat us to a surprise afterwards.

I had seen little of Hera and Artemis, I figured they were out making sure Hecate wasn't attempting to make any surprise moves, if that were the case then I'd say they're doing a pretty great job because at no point in my stay here did I feel threatened or anxious that something bad was about to happen.

I was at peace for the first time in a while but I couldn't help but feel somewhat guilty about it. Iris and Nyx were still below Olympus, with no word from either me or Kleio. I knew Nyx would be able to handle herself and Iris in a situation of crisis but it doesn't make me feel any better about the circumstances even if they weren't entirely my fault.

When I had requested to see them came back to mind, and I was reminded of how Athena denied my request. I struggled to see where the problem lay as Hera no longer had a problem with communication with the mortal world.

I looked up from my seated position and realised I had the opportunity to ask her why now because she was quickly approaching me. I guessed she had finished her training session with Kleio, who was mastering her newly gifted strengths very quickly.

Out of all the times I saw them battle, I barely witnessed Kleio bowing her head in defeat; even if some fights were tight and longer than others, Kleio would still come out on top. To my knowledge Athena never seemed annoyed at that fact, each time she would end up walking away with a smug smile on her lips. I suspected it meant that she was proud of Kleio.

I watched them both spar on a clear green field and heard Kleio's shout of victory again. It was followed by Kleio pumping her fist into the air as Athena kneeled. After watching them for the last few days I had very quickly learned that when she kneeled, always on her right knee she was healing. It only took a few seconds regardless of the state she was in.

Once she finished she walked towards the eye of the arena. In anticipation of a possible conversation, I breathed in quickly, seemingly holding my breath until she passed but just like every other time she ignores me.

Kleio followed behind her and once she reached me her arms wrapped around my waist and then she kissed me deeply. Ever since I told her that I had my memories back she's been different...happier. Or perhaps my perception of her has changed now that I am truly myself with all my memories returned. Now with everything we experienced in our childhood, it was much easier to look past her hard exterior because I am beyond being just used to it.

If anything my new knowledge has enabled me to see her soft side, that or finally having some sort of mother figure has calmed her down. Every day after she'd finish training she would greet me with open arms and a deep kiss, which would sometimes escalate but I wasn't complaining at all. At that current moment, I couldn't get enough of her, and I had a feeling it would always be like that.

While she was being trained by Athena, Aphrodite had been helping me work through the rush of emotions that would come with having all my memories rush back to me at once. She suspected that the magnification in my feelings for Kleio affected the intensity of what I would feel but thankfully she did not try and tell me to distance myself. She wanted me to embrace it, dive straight into the feeling, almost drowning, but save myself at the last second with clarity and control over my mind and emotions.

Now I experienced emotions on the same level Gods would. It was exhilarating. Every touch felt as if I was being electrocuted with ecstasy with Zeus' lightning bolts. When she said my name it was as if Helios himself were rising in front of me. When she laughed my heart simply would not be able to process the sound, it would just explode within my chest.