πενήντα {50}✅

Kleio

I tried turning in my sleep, but I was blocked by a warm and relatively small body. Since I wasn't able to get to a new comfortable position I opened my eyes slowly and looked beside me, Amora had her hand over my chest and her leg over mine. I rubbed my eyes and ran my hand through my hair. How calm and sweet she looked on  my chest made it impossible not to smile. With how the sun shined through the cracks of wood in the ship, it highlighted her golden skin in all the right places.

Every now and then though, the light was blocked, I looked up and could see the crew rushing around on the upper deck. This made it clear that we were quickly approaching our destination. I didn't want to wake Amora, so I slowly removed her hand from my chest and slipped out of her hold. I threw on my tunic and weapon belt and tiptoed out of the room making sure my footsteps didn't make a sound. I opened the door and slipped out effortlessly to the upper deck where Nyx and Iris were at the front of the boat looking out to the shore. The sun was finishing its rise above the horizon and the docks of Mykonos could be seen.

I walked to Nyx and Iris stopping their conversation.

"What's up sleepyhead, did you and Amora have a wonderful night?" Iris asked obviously insinuating a sexual undertone.

"No, we still haven't had sex if that's what you were going to eventually ask." I skipped the pleasantries and got straight to the point.

"Pfft what! I would never," Iris laughed...a bit too much. Nyx shook her head and moved away slightly, "I just wanted to know how my best bud slept." Iris nudged me with her elbow playfully.

"We're not best buds. Just buds."

"Well better than nothing." The girl shrugged.

"Are you nervous?" Nyx asked.

"What do you mean?" I scoffed, not understanding her question and thought it unbelievable she assumed I was nervous about anything.

"Kassandra did everything she did for Amora to keep her away from you. I thought it might rehash some memories."

"No, of course not, if anything that we're doing proves her wrong more than ever. Amora was still able to find her and we're still going to kill Paris, even with me in her life."

-

I stood outside the massive doors of the palace with my mother. Aphrodite had invited us over for dinner and Amora had been jumping for joy all day since she told me. We showed up wearing the best robes we had, I didn't doubt that Aphrodite and Amora would appreciate it, Kassandra is my main worry.

Even though her palace was built by people like us, she had no consideration for any of us, especially since Amora was born. She believed we were all a risk to her daughter's true destiny and sometimes it seems like I was hated the most.

The doors opened for us so that we didn't have to struggle with the weight of the wood and gold imprinted in the patterns. The hallways we walked down were wide and marble. The walls on either side of us were decorated with drawings of ancient myths, each with its own unique story and moral teachings.

We were walking forever which made the palace seem like it was a labyrinth until finally we were met by a pair of guards who escorted us through more corridors that eventually led to the main feasting hall.

In the middle, there was a table fit for the 7 of us. I looked at the table and saw that Eva and her mother were there. Of course, they were here, they were favoured by Kassandra, and we were favoured by Aphrodite. I had hoped that this wouldn't cause a fight between the two, Amora has been telling me that they haven't been on the best of terms.