είκοσι-πέντε {25}✅

Amora

We travelled west on horseback to Delphi with no stops and just as Iris said, we arrived at the Temple of Apollo at sunset, just enough time to visit the oracle and locate their Athenian stronghold. The sun lowered in the sky as we reached the walls of Delphi, our horses slowed down, and Iris jumped off first securing them just outside the wall.

I jumped down after her looking beside me at Kleio who wasn't wasting any time. Her head was down but I could tell she had her usual frown on. Despite her angle the sun still found a way to highlight her golden skin, giving her an almost divine aura. Ironic because she's quite literally the opposite.

I was snapped out of my trance when Iris' arm came around my neck. She was laughing as she said, "Falling for she-demon, are we?"

"Yuck, most definitely not. I just don't know why she's always frowning." I denied

"I call it a resting bitch face, I made it up but hopefully thousands of years from now it'll catch on."

"Why?"

"She's a bitch, and that part of her truly will never rest."

"Oh, I see," I lied hoping she'd get to the part of her rambling that made sense.

"See it does make sense."

As she finished voicing her thoughts we walked towards Kleio and Eva who were standing in awe of the spectacle that was the temple of Apollo, home to the Oracle.

"So, who's going to have their future read by the sexy future seer," Iris asked.

"Why not all go at once," Eva suggested.

"No." Kleio deadpanned.

"Oh yeah, we have to remember she's a selfish brat and won't do anything that involves the whole team getting involved."

Kleio rolled her eyes but doesn't insult back.

"Fine, I'll go first." Eva volunteered, "You three can learn how to tolerate each other's presence while I'm gone." Her stare lingers at Kleio for a while, probably telling her without words to behave. Kleio grunted before she walked over to us as if her true feelings weren't obvious enough.

"So, what now?"

"I may have some things to do, but I guess that being with you guys now means I can't steal." Iris frowned.

"If it's from the bad guys then you're all good." I patted her on the back.

"Your idea of fun is stealing?" Kleio stepped in, of course, to end the fun.

"Well, when you've lived on the streets your whole life there's not much of entertainment flowing around. I'm sorry I'm not a filthy rich mercenary-"

In a second Kleio's hand was at Iris' throat and she was lifted from the ground by an inch. Kleio was beyond enraged as she held Iris, gritting through her teeth. "Talk about me, or what you assume to be my life again and you won't have a neck for me to grab."

Kleio let go after that, and Iris drops to the floor scrambling for air with her hands around her throat.

"Damn...you have a tight grip." She wheezed.

I rushed to her side to see if I could help in any way, "What is wrong with you!" I screamed at Kleio, shocked by what her anger led her to do.

"She pushed a boundary," Kleio answered calmly.

"You're the only one pushing boundaries! You could've killed her!" At that moment I wasn't able to handle Kleio 'being Kleio'; definitely not if it endangered a friend.

"I'm not a murderer!"

"But you're still a shitty person, with a shitty personality, with shitty morals with shitty values and a shitty heart," I had no idea where that came from, in fact, I instantly regretted it. She didn't deserve to be snapped at and by the look on he face, I knew it was going to set our relationship back a very long way, even if there was hardly any progress before.

Kleio only sighed and turned on her heel, "I'll be back in time for the assault."

"No dude, we need you here." Iris stood up slowly. Her voice was still hoarse

Kleio didn't respond, she only lifted her hood and continued to walk back towards the gate of Delphi.

I rested my hand on Iris' shoulder, "It's not worth it. If anything, I can hold the guards off myself, look at these guys," I try my best to flex showing what muscles I do have, which aren't bad at all, it managed to make Iris laugh though.

"Well, I mean..." She trailed off as a joke but stopped when she looked beyond me, "Eva's back."

I follow Iris' gaze behind and Eva sure enough is walking towards us with a great smile on her face. "So, you enjoyed the oracle?"

"I heard what I wanted to hear," She looked at me, and I had a nagging feeling that somehow, I had something to do with it, "So Iris, are you next?" She moved the conversation on.

"I like mystery and surprise. I'll pass."

"Okay then...Amora. Do you know what you're going to ask?"

That was a very good question. I had no idea what to ask, I only had one chance...there would be no re-runs so I would have to get it right. What did I want? What did I want to know about my future? My brain stopped drawing blanks and Kleio instantly came to mind...part of me just really wanted to know if she would ever not...hate me.

But that's stupid, why would I waste something so important on her? Ugh, what am I thinking? I clear my mind of anything to do with Kleio and again ask myself what I want to know.

My mum.

I thought back to the vision I had, to looking deep into the purple eyes and divine aura of who I strongly suspected to be my mystery mother. I want to know who she is; I needed to know who she was and hopefully, that would help me figure out who the hell I am.

"I know my question."

They looked at me surprised, like they weren't expecting it so soon, or maybe so late.

"We'll be out here when you're done," Iris says.

Eva stepped toward me, smiling at me and hugging me. "I believe in you, and I'll be here the whole way." I had no idea why it was needed but I had a feeling she knew what she was doing. I shrugged off the nerves and walked towards the doors of the temple.

-

So who hates Kleio? Fun fact she's my favourite character, which is why in the next chapter it's all her pov
NEW A/N : Follow me on Instagram (writings_of_artemis) and twitter (artemis_writing) for updates and sneak peeks of my WIP's and future projects!
Don't forget to vote comment and share!!
Love y'all
-Artemis