τριάντα εννέα {39}✅

Amora

From within the red army, Leona and Eva emerged, carrying a sack toward us. When they reached us they dropped the sack and our weapons spilt out. As it landed Kleio ran over to her swords in complete bliss.

"Ugh, my babies!" She kissed the blades and smirked as she picked them up, swinging them around and becoming familiar with them once again.

Soon Medeia's guards which had previously surrounded us were outnumbered. Iris was next to emerge from within the red army, she had come charging in on the back of a horse with another girl which I had seen around Leona's ship behind her. She reigned the horse right in front of us.

"Bet you thought I was a lost cause?" Iris asked as the horse calmed down.

"Every bleeding second I was in that cell yeah." I joked.

"So, where's the cultist we need to behead?" She changed the subject getting straight to the point

"Good question." I looked around and see Leona and Eva who had left us to fight on fighter ground, "Get Leona and Eva out and head back to the ship, we'll be right behind you."

I knew that now with Medeia's forces distracted by the spartan army Iris miraculously managed to obtain, it would be easier to find Medeia and kill her.

"We will?" Kleio questioned as she stood confused behind me.

Iris winked and wiggled her eyebrows suggestively before disappearing into the battlefield.

Kleio grabbed my arm pulling me towards her, she didn't meet my eyes as she spoke. "What's your plan?"

"Find Medeia...kill Medeia." I made up one on the spot which wasn't anything different to what she would do.

"Typical." She sighed letting me go, "I guess I'll lead the way." She volunteered willingly. I assumed it was because she didn't believe I had thought my plan through which wasn't entirely false.

I pick up what was mine from the gear on the floor and tried my best to keep up with her as she barged and slashed her way through the crowd. Eventually, we reached back inside. I had gathered quickly that the fortress was said out like a maze and so I made no attempt to take over navigation. So I follow in silence as we turn right and then left, then left again with a right shortly after. Next, we encountered stairs to climb and as we reached the top it seemed as if we were completely lost.

Kleio continued confidently as my doubts increased until we heard faint footsteps and talking. In panic Kleio grabbed me and pulled me into a tight gap, our chests were pressed together but her face was turned, looking outwards. Being this close to her allowed me to take time to admire her piercings and scars even more closely.

"It's Medeia," Kleio whispered but I only paid half my attention to her, the other half watched as her jaw moved up and down and the muscles in her throat flexed and relaxed as she assessed the situation.

I assumed she was waiting for me to make the first move so I weakly muttered, "Are you sure?"

Kleio nodded as a few armoured figures walked past us. She then slowly started to move out of the gap, and I followed closely behind.

"I'll take out her support," Kleio whispered and walked out making us enter a large hall.

A majority of her guards had left, I presumed to deal with the threat Iris brought into the courtyard. There were only two guards left and they had their backs to us.

"I'll leave Medeia to you," She continued.

Smoothly Kleio rushed forward and with great force threw one of her swords straight through the head of one guard and then impaled the next in the back with her other sword. Medeia turned around and screamed which called more guards to our attention. As I followed close behind Kleio it only took seconds for me to strike her down from behind her legs first. As she buckled and fell to her knees I covered her mouth as I locked her into a headlock.