:TWENTY-SIX: Part One

Chapter Twenty Six

       ALL WHITE GALA TOMORROW

                    GOT A DATE?

I read the banner that was posted above the school door as I waited for Bryan and Camille to emerge from school it" since the bell rang couple minutes ago. Fabian and Diana were busy talking privately inside the vehicle as I try not to eavesdrop, I got to respect their privacy. I hitch my bag slightly up on my shoulders as Dianna, Renee and Alisa approach me in a huddle.

"Hey," Sianna smiled at me.

"Hey guys," I reply hitching my bag up slightly annoyed that Bryan was taking so long with Camille.

"Renee want to ask a favour," Alicia blurted out causing Renee to glare at her playfully mad. "What is it?" I asked as Nick and Lasonia walked towards us hand in hand.

"Can you ask Venroy if he want to go to Gala with me?" She asked shyly playing with the straps of her bag.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" I asked glancing behind them. "I tried but he seems occupied and Vanessa keep letting him dodge the question and me." She said a bit hurt. Typically Vanessa trying to keep Venroy away from the 'unworthy ones'.

"Why me?"

"Because Vanessa won't push you away and he talks to you without shifting his gaze to something else." Alicia said as Renee start tapping away on her cellphone.

"Ok I'll ask him." I said as Lasonia and Nick stare at me like I'm dumb or something was happening to me.

"Are you going to the Gala?"

Renee asked smiling at me. I glance up to see Bryan running down the stairs with Camille laughing on his back. "No, I'll pprobably stay home." I answered.

"Your going to that Gala Sevonnia," Diana push her head out the window as Bryan and Camille join up with us.

"I don't have a Date," I said glaring at my best friend. "He just hasn't asked yet," she smirk bracing herself back inside the car.

"Why do I have a feeling I'm not going to like the answer." Renee said.

"You won't," Lasonia smirk as Nick pull the door open. "I'm sure I can convince him." I said glaring at Lasonia.

"Thanks," she said ignoring Lasonia and turned away towards Steve car as I climb into the car.

"You guys didn't have to do that," I blurted out setting myself in the seatbelt. "Why give the girl false hope when Venroy rather go to Gala with you." Lasonia said crossing her legs as Nick took the steering wheel.

"A girl can hope, if that's all she got." I mumbled quietly.

"I had to break it to a girl name Bonnie that Bryan his taking me instead of her. She was pretty furious." Camille spoke up.

"Her hope was flattened the moment she step before us." Bryan said kissing Camille cheeks and she giggled.

"All in favour that Venroy is taking Sevonnia to the Gala, raised your hand." Diana equip raising her hand, I watch as they all raised their hands. Venroy and I are just friends with a strange connection. I shook my head as Nick started to drive away.

We all came to an abrupt stop in front of Camille old family house to see a lady locking the gate. "Aunt Gella," Camille shouted climbing out of the car embracing her Aunt in a hug.

"Are you ok?"

"Where have you been?" She searched her body frantic for bruises I assume.

"I'm fine Aunt, I found her and my mate." She spilled to her Aunt who glance up at us as Bryan step out.